Operates routes similar to Recovery Account Representative, but is not assigned a specific zone or truck. Route Specialist is responsible for running routes that are open due to Account Representative scheduling of vacation, PTO, truck issues, heavy volume, absences, etc…Operates a company vehicle to pick up used oil, water, and antifreeze from various customers while operating at D.O.T. requirements. Oversees the appearance, operation, and maintenance of the vehicle. Provides information and sales of other company services and products.
- Perform daily inspections of interior and exterior of Company Vehicle
- Frequent travel, overnight stays, weekend, and out of town work required.
- Operates routes similar to Recovery Account Representative, but is not assigned a specific zone or truck.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly log sheets (company & DOT)
- Complete service receipts for all customers on a daily basis
- Operates a Halogen Detector to determine if the oil or antifreeze indicates contamination.
- Collect oil, water, and antifreeze from various accounts on a daily basis
- Monitor inventory on truck by taking stick readings or using tank monitor if equipped with monitoring system.
- Provide sales leads for other services offered by the company to the Recovery Department each week
- Communicate with the Recovery Services Department to resolve customer service & routing discrepancies
- Collect product as scheduled on a daily basis
- Communicate with the Router for the area your are servicing on a daily basis (A.M., P.M. and when leaving a major geographical region)
- Provide fuel receipts on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Skills, Experience, and/or Education Required:
- High school degree or GED preferred
- Two years of CDL route driving experience or military driving experience
- Valid Class A or B CDL license
- Excellent Driving Record
- Hazardous Endorsements
- Tanker Endorsements
- Good communication skills, oral and written. Ability to work independently.
- Heavy lifting is required
- Ability to read maps and follow directions