Maintenance Planner coordinates daily work orders, purchase orders, organization of refinery, and maintenance inventory.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of appropriate company and regulatory rules, procedures, and policies, assure the proper execution of all safety-related permits required for maintenance activities
- Originate all necessary permits for maintenance activities
- Responsible for managing the maintenance work order process including work request approval, prioritization, cost-effectiveness, preventive maintenance, and work order completion
- Prepare work outline and schedules for both daily and shutdown work activities
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and shutdown maintenance schedules
- Develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance computer-based program
- Provide reports to Plant Manager for work order backlog, work history for equipment, and preventive maintenance work status
- Develop lists of parts required for work assignments and confirm with warehousing as to their availability.
- Prioritize and issue work orders for all maintenance work while monitoring maintenance backlog at an appropriate level.
- Enter requisitions for parts and services for planned and emergency work.
- Manage equipment spare parts inventory to ensure the quality, quantity, and adequacy are being met.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are outlined for planned maintenance work and preventive maintenance work.
- Monitor spending to meet plant budget goals.
- Update maintenance files to ensure proper spare parts are listed and history is being kept on refinery equipment.
- Assist purchasing by bidding work and providing proper documentation on the scope of work.
- Assist in providing reports for work history, costs, etc.
- Coordinate plant maintenance activities with operations by participating in planning meetings to ensure open communications while supporting plant production goals.
- Provide expert analysis during equipment outages
- Other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to understand equipment reliability at all times to improve productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform diagnostics
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar software
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Strong written and oral communication skills, capable of professionally presenting projects or ideas to regulatory agencies, community leaders, and management
- Have strong planning, organizing, and time management skills, working to maintain reliability of equipment
- Proficiency in setting priorities and executing multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Have the capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks
- Have the ability to work in a high-stress environment and deal with emergencies
- Have the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships
- Communicate effectively across functional lines and at all levels
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Maintain 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Training
- Permit Required Confined Space Training
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR
- Forklift Operator Safety Training