Assist maintenance technicians in their goal of keeping facility and refinery equipment in optimal running condition.
- Assist Maintenance personnel complete work orders for the preventative maintenance program.
- Assist Maintenance personnel in the repair of facility assets.
- Directed work to include repairs to complex machinery, teardowns, turnaround work and the like.
- Un-directed work to include painting, grinding, sweeping, changing light bulbs and the like.
- Assist with joint contractor operations within the facility.
- Attend classes assigned by the supervisor to further develop maintenance skills.
- Participate in the design, layout, and installation and modifications of all process equipment within the facility to facilitate learning and development.
- Operate Noble vehicle to run for parts and supplies as directed.
- Assist in keeping accurate records of all maintenance work performed.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area, including the facility operational areas and the maintenance shop.
- Maintain certification for confined space entry, lock out/tag out, equipment usage, etc.
- Typical projects include but not limited to:
- Hydro-blasting exchangers and process piping
- Sand blasting and painting
- Sweeping and cleaning
- Light carpentry work
- Yard work
- Gearbox oil changes
- Confined space entry work for projects such as tank cleanings and repairs
- Assist technicians with equipment repairs, controls upgrades, welding and fitting,
- Most projects touch on all disciplines and require electrical, mechanical and hydraulic aptitude and require a willingness to learn.
- Other duties as assigned by Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor.
- 2 years experience in light maintenance.
- Examples of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical aptitude
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to work at heights reaching 50 feet above grade
- Ability to work in confined spaces and maintain confined space certification
- Ability to be fitted for and work wearing full face respirator
- Ability to maintain HazWoper certification
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time