NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
NBBJ – Shanghai is seeking a Senior Interior Designer - Healthcare.
- Design Excellence– Design Leaders are champions of design excellence across the firm, leading our practice in setting new standards for innovation, performance, and social and environmental impact.
- Design Agility - This role requires comfort in a range of building types and the ability to apply insights from one building type to another.
- Passion for Performance Metrics and Human Experience - The Design Leader must drive design toward measurable outcomes, a successful bottom line, and client, community and environmental goals.
- Collaborative Mindset - Design Leaders should excel in cross-disciplinary collaboration with architects, planners, lighting and graphic designers. This extends to collaboration with other firm-wide practice leaders in developing and pursuing common strategies.
- Mentoring – Design Leaders foster and develop design talent, leading with enthusiasm and setting standards for professional and creative rigor.
- Communication Skills - A critical element of this role is to deliver insights in a clear way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- Research Leadership - Interior Design Leaders at NBBJ plan and lead research to discover new and innovative insights. They must have the ability to help the team read between the lines and discover latent needs.
- Analysis and Synthesis – Research insights must be translated into a useful foundation for design. Design Leaders should be able to lead by helping to distill key insights and linking them together in a design framework.
- Empathy and Compassion - We look for those who have a natural skill to engage with people at a deep level, and are passionate about representing a human and humane perspective.
Skills and Qualifications (required unless otherwise noted):
- Previous experience working on complex projects in all phases of design
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in Interior Design and/or Interior Architecture
- Strong marketing, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in research, selection and specification of materials and finishes
- Basic working knowledge of Revit, as well as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Sketchup, Rhino and/or 3DS Max experience a plus
- Architectural or interior design professional licensure; LEED AP desired
- Interior Design or Architecture degree from an accredited program (Master’s or Bachelor’s)
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line : http://www.nbbj.com/careers/
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer