NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ New York in a Mid-level Interior Designer role.
NBBJ New York is seeking an intermediate-level Interior Designer to join integrated project teams working on multi--scale corporate interiors projects. One of the key fundamentals to our success is our integrated project teams: interior designers and architects work together in a highly collaborative environment taking projects from concept through construction.
Your New Role:
- Participate in high-energy, collaborative team and project environment.
- Work closely with senior level designers and project managers in the successful delivery of small, medium and large size stand-alone and integrated interiors and workplace projects.
- Proactively engage with teams, and demonstrate a willingness to participate in the development of ideas at all levels.
- Contribute to and evolve the overall standards of design quality, assisting in the development and implementation of exceptional design concepts, expressed through 3-D visuals and drawings, with highly evolved materiality and furniture programs through all phases of design.
- Provide design and documentation support on projects of various sizes and complexities.
- Produce and / or oversee the development and review of high quality, comprehensive contract documents.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Interior MEP and related disciplines during all phases of a project.
- Assist with marketing / business development pursuits, and collaborate with other studios, as needed.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Architecture, Interior Design or Interior Architecture degree from an accredited program
- 4-5 years of professional experience in corporate interiors; 4-5 built corporate projects in New York is desired
- NCARB or NCIDQ certified, or on track for certification
- LEED GA certification is desired
- Has worked in multiple presentations and can work in InDesign and Photoshop
- Familiar with NY building code, ADA, Etc, so can do test fits and select materials
- Desire to work in a highly creative environment within a diverse team of collaborators and consultants to create environments of exceptional quality and meaning
- Eagerness to ideate, iterate, innovate for the betterment of project, the studio, the firm and yourself
- Commitment and passion for design; ability to connect project goals from initial concept through to the details
- Strong working knowledge of corporate workplace, workplace strategies, industry metrics and trends
- Strong and demonstrated workplace programming and planning skills
- Strong problem-solving, listening and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks against budgets, fees and deadlines
- Strong verbal and graphic presentation skills; ability to conduct client presentations
- Appropriate knowledge of furniture, materials, equipment and product applications; with the ability to select, specify and detail based on design concept, code requirements, proper use, durability, sustainability, and cost
- General knowledge of building codes and standards
- Capability to prepare design and construction documents and coordinate specifications
- Ability and talent for working with teams locally and remotely
- Proficiency in Revit; knowledge of 3-D modeling, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Rhino, 3D Max desired
- Ability to travel, within reason
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line: http://www.nbbj.com/careers/
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer