Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and software and a service provider for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions.
Natus is seeking a Product Implementation Engineer for our Midwest region. This position is responsible for working with customers on Neuro product line site-specific server planning for SQL, Citrix, and HL7; server implementations, and post-installation support. The qualified individual will provide input to product development teams on such products and train technical support as required to support such products and may be called on to visit customer sites for the installation, in-service, and repair of the company's supplied equipment.
In this job, you will:
- Manage onsite or remote installation of customer equipment and software, as well as the implementation of training.
- Provide product support via telephone and remote access services with specific responsibility as an escalation point for problem identification and resolution.
- Interview customers to determine their needs and goals pertaining to our products or solutions. Document these assumptions into easy to understand, semi-technical terms.
- Manage implementation of SQL networking, server configurations, Citrix and remote viewing configurations, and HL7 implementations and support.
- Work with customer IT departments to assure communication paths and security profiles are adequate for normal data acquisition and transfer.
- Managed assigned customer related projects.
- If assigned customer site management, keep management and sales staff aware of all developments at the site. Keep customers fully satisfied by keeping them informed as to your activities when onsite and/or working on their behalf onsite.
- Stay up-to-date and follow all Quality System procedures related to this job, which can affect the quality or services provided to our customers.
- Coordinate software bug fixing with project developers. Coordinate hardware problems with project developers.
- Travel up to 40%, domestic or international. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems including Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows 10, Windows 7
- SQL Server administration, Database administration, or HL7 Interface administration a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, including MSSQL 2014, MSSQL 2012, MSSQL 2008
- Familiarity with the principles of EEG, PSG, and/or EMG and its terminology preferred
- Basic knowledge of IT tools for imaging and asset management, Enterprise Anti-Virus
- Working knowledge of network infrastructures and planning
- General working knowledge of Java Scripts and Mirth Interfaces
Natus offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits package that starts on your 1st day, 401k match, an employee stock purchase plan, 9 paid holidays, generous paid time off plan (4 weeks) and tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
Natus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.