Mediacom Communications is one of the nation’s leading cable operators focused on serving the smaller cities and towns in the United States. We are dedicated to keeping jobs in the communities we serve and providing individuals with the Power to Succeed. Our diversified workforce of over 4,600 employees lives and works in the 22 states where we do business.
A lot of companies say they’re at the forefront of technology, Mediacom follows through. We are committed to bridging the digital divide between major cities and America’s smaller regions by providing the best technology available. We have launched a 1 Billion dollar investment plan, “Project Gigabit” that will bring 1-Gigabit broadband internet service to virtually all of the 3 million homes and business we serve across 1,500 communities, add more access capability for small business and more. As Mediacom continues to grow, so do the career opportunities within. When you join Mediacom, you join one of the most stable and dynamic technology companies in the market today.
We are dedicated to keeping jobs in the communities we serve and give back to these vibrant communities through various programs, scholarships and grants. One Mediacom program, Connect2Compete, offers eligible families low-cost internet service. Annually, Mediacom awards tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship funds to students through the World Class Scholars Program, September 11 Memorial Fund, and Entrepreneur of Tomorrow Awards. Additionally, community grants fund a variety of specific offerings such as our Arts and Culture Grant Cycle in Dubuque, IA.
You'll also find all sorts of advantages to joining our family. Along with the rewarding feeling that comes from serving your community, you’ll be challenged to advance in your career while enjoying a generous benefits package designed to be flexible and relevant to your needs.
Network Specialist I, Carrier Operations
|City:||Des Moines, IA|
|Employment Duration:||Full time|
|Working Hours:||Sunday-thursday 10PM-7AM, Monday-Friday 10AM-7PM|
|Apply For This Job Now >>
Responsible for monitoring the NOC and reacting to alarms/events generated within an infrastructure monitoring platform based on corresponding procedures.
• Troubleshoot and monitor activity throughout the network.
• Isolate and diagnose faults and escalate to higher levels of support for resolution as appropriate.
• Interact with departments to address issues identified within the network.
• Adhere to company and department policy and practice in an effort to assure prompt resolution to identified problems.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Two year college degree in networking or a related field recommended.
• Minimum of 6 months within Mediacom Tier 2 or BTSC, or equivalent Cable TV/Broadband/Telecommunications experience required.
• Applied knowledge of data networks, and/or telecommunication infrastructure, and/or maintaining a cable plant.
• Working knowledge of Cisco Technologies.
• Working knowledge of DWDM and SONET.
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; experience in a 7x24x365 support environment a plus.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Good decision-making skills.
• Ability to work under stress.
• Ability to follow detailed procedures.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Mediacom's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited.