Mediacom Communications is one of the nation’s leading cable operators focused on serving the smaller cities and towns in the United States. We are dedicated to keeping jobs in the communities we serve and providing individuals with the Power to Succeed. Our diversified workforce of over 4,600 employees lives and works in the 22 states where we do business.
A lot of companies say they’re at the forefront of technology, Mediacom follows through. We are committed to bridging the digital divide between major cities and America’s smaller regions by providing the best technology available. We have launched a 1 Billion dollar investment plan, “Project Gigabit” that will bring 1-Gigabit broadband internet service to virtually all of the 3 million homes and business we serve across 1,500 communities, add more access capability for small business and more. As Mediacom continues to grow, so do the career opportunities within. When you join Mediacom, you join one of the most stable and dynamic technology companies in the market today.
We are dedicated to keeping jobs in the communities we serve and give back to these vibrant communities through various programs, scholarships and grants. One Mediacom program, Connect2Compete, offers eligible families low-cost internet service. Annually, Mediacom awards tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship funds to students through the World Class Scholars Program, September 11 Memorial Fund, and Entrepreneur of Tomorrow Awards. Additionally, community grants fund a variety of specific offerings such as our Arts and Culture Grant Cycle in Dubuque, IA.
You'll also find all sorts of advantages to joining our family. Along with the rewarding feeling that comes from serving your community, you’ll be challenged to advance in your career while enjoying a generous benefits package designed to be flexible and relevant to your needs.
Customer Sales & Service Representative I, Front Counter (Non-Retail)
|City:||Iowa City, IA|
|Employment Duration:||Full time|
|Working Hours:||9:30AM-6:30PM MO-FR. Rotating every 3rd Sat 9AM-12PM|
|Apply For This Job Now >>
• Interact with customers in person to answer customer inquiries and solve problems regarding billing, services, and products.
• Utilize appropriate sales and retention guidelines to properly process customer requests to add or disconnect services.
• Troubleshoot basic service issues and schedule on site service calls when necessary.
• Receive and process customer payments, balance cash drawer, and post customer adjustments.
• Issue and receive equipment from customers.
• Responsible for maintaining customer site equipment and inventory controls according to policy and procedures.
• Demonstrate courtesy and patience in customer relations, maintaining the ability to explain all phases of billing, products, and services offered at the current time.
• Neat with self and work area, and conducts self in a respectable, responsible, and courteous manner.
• Regular Attendance required.
• Perform other duties as directed or required by your supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
• Required – 1-3 years’ experience in retail and/or consumer sales.
• Preferred – 3 plus years’ customer service & cash handling/reconciliation experience.
• Exceptional relationship-building skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective cash handling skills.
• Valid driver's license and satisfactory driver record may be required for some locations.
• Must demonstrate intermediate to advanced PC skills.
• Sales ability and willingness to meet sales goals.
• Able to stand for long periods.
• Occasional travel to other sites within the region.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays and overtime as needed.
Keywords: Front Counter, Customer Service, Sales
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Mediacom's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited.