Mediacom Communications is one of the nation’s leading cable operators focused on serving the smaller cities and towns in the United States. We are dedicated to keeping jobs in the communities we serve and providing individuals with the Power to Succeed. We are proud that our diversified workforce of over 4,600 employees live and work in the 22 states where we do business.
A lot of companies say they’re at the forefront of technology, Mediacom follows through. We are committed to bridging the digital divide between major cities and America’s smaller regions by providing the best technology available. We have launched a 1 Billion dollar investment plan, “Project Gigabit” that will bring 1-Gigabit broadband internet service to virtually all of the 3 million homes and business we serve across 1,500 communities, add more access capability for small business and more. As Mediacom continues to grow, so do the career opportunities within. When you join Mediacom, you join one of the most stable and dynamic technology companies in the market today.
We are dedicated to keeping jobs in the communities we serve and give back to these vibrant communities through various programs, scholarships and grants. One Mediacom program, Connect2Compete, offers eligible families low-cost internet service. Annually, Mediacom awards tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship funds to students through the World Class Scholars Program, September 11 Memorial Fund, and Entrepreneur of Tomorrow Awards. Additionally, community grants fund a variety of specific offerings such as our Arts and Culture Grant Cycle in Dubuque, IA.
You'll also find all sorts of advantages to joining our family. Along with the rewarding feeling that comes from serving your community, you’ll be challenged to advance in your career while enjoying a generous benefits package designed to be flexible and relevant to your needs.
Local Sales Manager
|Employment Duration:||Full time|
|Working Hours:||M-F, 8 - 5, additional hours as needed.|
|Apply For This Job Now >>
To provide first line supervision to ensure individual sales representative, achieve assigned sales objective and budgets.
Specific responsibilities assigned to this position include, but are not limited to:
• Implements and ensures compliance with advertising sales objectives.
• Monitors the sales representatives in all areas of their daily assignments.
• Recruits, trains, motivates, and develops a team of sales representatives into a cohesive unit to increase productivity and exceed minimum sales requirements.
• Ensures sales representatives have a clear understanding of the marketplace including demographic profiles, competitive media, strategies, and territorial growth potential.
• Conducts performance reviews and takes disciplinary action in conjunction with the Director- Operations.
• Creates and reviews quarterly and annual sales goals for Account Executives.
• Travels as required.
• Demonstrates and ensures compliance with all sales training programs.
• Assists the Director-Operations in the development of budgets.
• Requires regular attendance to report to work per assigned work schedule.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or equivalent experience.
• Five years media sales experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to motivate others and work under pressure.
• Ability to keep abreast of competitive conditions.
• Previous Team Leader or supervisory experience preferred.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Mediacom's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited.