Marshall Electronics has an exciting opportunity for a driven Junior Firmware Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team. This internship opportunity will provide hands-on experience creating, designing, and testing firmware used in a production environment. The intern will develop the necessary skills and appreciation to create quality firmware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to development of embedded firmware in engineering projects
- Create new firmware and modify existing firmware to fit unique projects needs and configurations
- Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to firmware
- Develop and test engineering models
- Keep abreast of new developments in the filed of engineering design, methods, and applications
- Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and datasheets
- Experience developing firmware
- Use Integrated Development Environments (IDE), such as, Keil, Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of:
- C#, C/C++, Java Script, Windows 10 GUI programming
- SPI, I2C, UART, RS232, USB3.0/2.0 UVC Communication
- Embedded software development for ARM Processors
- Ability to use test equipment, such as, oscilloscope, digital multie-meter, etc.
- Works well with others on a team
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in writing code to control devices, either on an embedded platform or through a communications protocol
- Knowledge of networking and communication protocols, such as TCP or UDP
- Experience with serial port programing (UART, RS232, USB)
- Knowledge of Altium Designer
- LCD, Image Sensor C driver code
- HDMI RX/TX Controllers
Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
Marshall Electronics offers a competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Supplemental/Indemnity Plans. 401(K) Profit Sharing Plan with company contribution, Paid Time-Off (PTO), and company paid holidays.
About Marshall Electronics:
Based in Torrance, CA, Marshall Electronics Inc. is a privately-owned American company that specializes in the development, manufacturing, and distribution of high-tech electronic products used in a wide range of professional applications. We have five distinct operating units: Professional Audio, Cable/Connector, Optical Systems, IPTV, and Broadcast A/V Division. Please visit www.lcdracks.com for an overview of our product lines. Marshall Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participator in the federal E-Verify program.