At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts
The Operator, Switchboard represents the voice of Holt Renfrew to incoming callers in a pleasant and friendly manner, and provides Reception and Mailroom back up.
This is a part-time role, with hours everyday from Monday to Friday.
You will be working one shift of 5 hours, split across the mornings and afternoons throughout the week.
Morning shifts: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Afternoon shifts: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Please note, hours may change depending on business need.
Please ensure that you are able to accommodate these hours.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Answer all incoming calls as per Holt Renfrew protocol Transfer calls to appropriate recipients using current telephone directory
- Take and deliver messages in an efficient and time-sensitive manner
- Maintain master list of all names and extensions in location
- Maintain equipment in working order and report failures to direct Manager
- Reception back up: Greet clients and contact recipients in a timely manner; answer the team’s shared email for office service request from the Store Support Centre; and maintenance of pass cards
- Mailroom back up: Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers; assist with Grand & Toy orders
- Complies with all Health & Safety policies and requirements
The ideal candidate:
- High School diploma
- Previous experience in a professional environment, working with a busy switchboard console
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients