At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts
The Manager, Loss Prevention works with Store Senior Leadership to reduce the impact of shrinkage and Fraud on the store net profit. The Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining the overall strategy and tactical planning for the protection and safeguarding of company assets. Oversees the application, integration and ongoing development of the National Store Audit program. The role provides Loss Prevention expertise to mitigate internal and external loss supporting the attainment of financial objectives. The Manager supports the store leadership team in achieving compliance to policies and procedures and continuous improvement to achieve operational excellence. Manages and develops Loss Prevention team members including Loss Prevention Supervisor, Investigators, Audit Control Coordinator and associates. The location of this role will be within one of our GTA locations.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop and foster an open line of communication with the Store Leadership team to support achieving EBITDA, through increased profits, decreasing shrink, improving safety performance and other related risks to the bottom line
- In conjunction with the DVP, Loss Prevention ensures delivery of Loss Prevention programs
- Deliver results as they relate to Key Performance Indicators in partnership with DVP, Loss Prevention
- Works with the Human Resources department and store leadership team to educate the retail staff on Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage the Loss Prevention and Audit & Control team and ensure execution of work
- Provide management reports summarizing and analyzing identified losses, progressing to resolution in a timely, efficient, manner.
- Lead the delivery of analytics to support effective target-setting, payroll management and operational audits to achieve yearly goals and budgets
- Recommend and support the implementation of proactive solutions to address deficiencies that affect operational excellence
- Act as the expert on all store systems related to asset movement that can cause profit loss. Examples include; POS systems, inventory management, cash management, and operational policies.
- Act as the expert on all physical security programs and processes. Examples include; Burglar Alarm systems, CCTV, Access Control and MPS.
- Prioritize project/event/initiative implementations including critical paths, monitoring of progress, development of launch materials, communication and results tracking
- Takes the opportunity to champion specific projects that create opportunity for EBITA improvement and continuous improvement
- Manage expenses within approved budget and achieve all expense management targets
- Complies and ensures compliance with all Health & Safety policies and requirements and acts as the representative of the National Health & Safety Manager in respective location
- Ensure Crisis Management training and incident response is followed in accordance with company policy
- Lead, motivate, and retain a team of high performing employees that is capable of delivering results
- Provide ongoing training, coaching and development for all direct reports
- Build and maintain relationships with external resources, including local police and Security/LP associations to assist in staying current on trends as they relate to Shrink and Life Safety.
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of post-university work experience, including 3+ years of management experience
- Wicklander Zulawksi or other credited interview techniques is an asset.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements including: Criminal Code of Canada, Citizens Powers of Arrest, Collective Agreements, Trespass to Property Act and Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Knowledge and understanding of Loss Prevention technologies and hardware
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Highly service orientated and exceptional organization and follow skills
- Passionate about fashion and luxury retailing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients