At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts
Under the general supervision of the DVP, Loss Prevention & Risk Management is responsible for the effectiveness, maintenance and enhancement of the Physical Security Programs, including CCTV, Access Control, Alarm Systems and Merchandise Security for all Holt Renfrew locations. The Manager is responsible for maintaining the Merchandise Protection Standards Program and working with the DVP and Store LPMs to analyze Stock Shortages and provide recommendations for product protection solutions that will reduce stock loss. Manager is responsible for safeguarding LP Policies and working with the team to ensure execution and update of policies as needed to meet business changes. Work with field LP Team to collect new ideas, test new LP products and systems, and propose enhancements or innovative ideas to support company profitability.
Position will directly Supervise the DC Loss Prevention Coordinator and continue to develop and evolve the role to provide support to Supply Chain for Audit and quality assurance as well as data mining analysis of exception reports utilizing the tools available to Loss Prevention.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Loss Prevention Programs (35%)
- Manage vendor relations for equipment and hired services, balancing expenses with quality. Work with procurement group to bid work frequently to maintain effective expense control. Entertain all qualified LP related 3rd party requests for services and techniques to enhance profitability while maintaining strict shrink control concepts and practices
- Maintain communication between Loss Prevention Managers, at Corporate Office, Distribution Centre and Physical Security vendors to ensure smooth service, installation and overall program effectiveness and compliance.
- Work under the guidance of the Divisional Vice President, Loss Prevention on Program Integration and identifying opportunities where LP tools such as CCTV, EAS, Access Control, Alarms and Merchandise Security can be utilized to meet other business needs, and work with cross-functional units to test and/or pilot ideas that come forward.
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with key Loss Prevention vendors to review Key Performance Indicators and discuss upcoming projects. Solicit feedback from Loss Prevention Managers and Corporate Office for discussion during QBRs.
Project Management, Shrink Reporting and Process Improvement (25%)
- Manage and conduct analysis to determine the incremental sales, shrink and profitability of various tests across the country and recommend the most profitable approach for the company.
- Analyze data and make recommendations on merchandise presentation and / or security devices based on these findings (including competitor analysis)
- Conduct tests and analyze the incremental profitability of various merchandise presentations as well as security devices for all store risk classifications. Apply RONA analysis where capital expenditures are required. Recommend business solutions for optimizing profitability and productivity for stores
Store Support Centre (Corporate headoffice) Activities (15%)
- Through regular and timely communication – update Merchants and Vendors on shrink issues via analysis and provide suggestions for resolutions. Including source tagging program updates and solutions.
- Design and implement strategic physical security initiatives. Act as liaison with Project and Construction Groups for physical security on new stores and renovations. Coordinate and follow-up to completion all installations of those initiatives. Assist and follow-up on store and LP field concerns on all related issues.
- Oversee Physical Security and Access Control at SSC and work with DVP, Loss Prevention to set SSC Security Policies and Procedures and ensure compliance. Work cross functionally with facilities to ensure execution of Loss Prevention Programs at SSC and DC.
- Conduct timely and thorough investigations of all theft, integrity or loss related incidents that arise at SSC and DC under the supervision of the DVP, Loss Prevention.
- Act as back to DVP, for Crisis Management and Business Continuity Team and support the maintenance of both plans by maintaining a current program, contact information and SharePoint site with up to date information.
People Development (15%)
- Supervise DC Loss Prevention Coordinator. Develop their strengths and skills to increase effectiveness and confidence.
- Support DVP, Loss Prevention with continued development of SSC LP team to increase efficiency and support to retail locations and field LP team.
Policy Review (10%)
- Review / recommend change and update LP related Policy and Procedure (including LP ePK modules) to ensure up to date policy and procedures are in place. Liaison with appropriate Depts to ensure consistency in communication to field and training completion tracking and documentation of Ops/LP material
- Oversee LP Portal content and maintenance. Ensure information is current.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of Physical Security Equipment, Security Planning, Risk Assessment and Tier Level Security Recommendations.
- Time Management and Project Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Store operations that impact shrink and the store environment / constraints.
- Strong computer skills.
- 5 - 7 years of progressive Loss Prevention experience (retail preferred).
- Min.2 years direct audit and analysis required
- Min. 2 years Managing LP/retail Physical Security Systems.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in retail, loss prevention, law enforcement required.
- Two-year college diploma in law enforcement, risk management, Physical Security or equivalent blend of education and experience is required.
- University degree preferred