At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts
The Operational Support Specialist is a member of a technical support Help Desk providing a single point of contact between users and IT Services. Can articulate and apply knowledge to solve complex problems while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- First point of contract to triage, log, assign, and resolve incidents, alerts and service requests
- Record, categorize, prioritize and monitor the status and progress all issues to resolution
- Keep customers informed on the status and progress of their issues
- Escalate incidents as necessary per established run books, escalation policies and SLA’s
- Log, dispatch, cross-reference and update outbound support calls to 3rd Party Support Vendors
- Accurately document support cases at first contact and escalate urgent matters to Supervisors
- Monitor events and alerts and action per run book procedures
- Run daily, weekly and monthly operational maintenance tasks
- Manage user accounts, file shares and passwords
- Create and maintain a comprehensive Knowledge Base
- Provide support for hardware and software rollout projects
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and requirements
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years’ work experience in technical support role, preferably in a mid to large size organization
- Technical knowledge of web services, data centers, systems integrations, desktops, mobile devices
- Proven experience providing support while working with 3rd party hardware and software vendors
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Active directory, VPN, Office 365 Cloud email, SharePoint and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience supporting Retail Solutions such as Register and PIN PAD
- Knowledge of Ecommerce hosted website and back office applications
- SAP, XStore, BizTalk, Island Pacific, Data Warehouse Systems would be an asset
- ITIL Certification desired
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional customer service, organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service telephone etiquette
- Bilingual (English/French) written and verbal skills an asset
- Available to work 24/7/365-day shift work including mornings, evenings and weekends
The measures of success:
- Takes initiative to solve problems and/or guides customers to effective and appropriate solutions.
- Address all customers’ problems in an effective and timely manner against the SLA objectives.
- Take initiative to solve problems and define solutions that exceed expectations.
- Research and gather data in support of a new service deployed where no documentation exists.
- Overcome barriers to allow effective problem solving.
- Regularly employ a systematic problem solving process.
- Employs active listening skills to seek clarification, demonstrate understanding, promotes open discussions and idea sharing.
- Actively listens to customers and seeks clarity or confirms understanding.
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals