At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts
The Specialist, Learning and Development will be responsible for developing and executing a wide range of learning and development programs, solutions and initiatives that support the organization strategies and continuous growth and change. Through an integrated learning and development approach, this role supports the development skills and behaviors to meet current and future needs of the business.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supports in developing and executing comprehensive learning and development programs and continuous learning initiatives that supports company business strategies and goals
- Participates in organizational needs analysis to ensure the learning programs support business growth and change
- Recommends, designs and develops learning programs as appropriate
- Evaluates and selects appropriate learning mediums including e-learning, classroom, lunch n’ learns; workshops, etc., determining the most effective manner to satisfy specific learning needs.
- Build relationships with external vendors; conducts research for specific learning and development needs
- Maintains learning management systems, policies, and processes; act as the first point of contact for learning and development inquiries
- Develops and executes communication materials to effectively promote programs, courses, policies, etc.
- Organizes and facilitates various learning programs and integrates adult learning principles and methodology
- Remains current on new and innovative learning and development products/services in the marketplace and emerging learning business trends; makes recommendations on new products/services for the business
- Collaborates with members of the People Team to remain current on changing business needs and initiatives; keeps the People Team informed on learning and development initiatives
- Supports manager with the management of the overall learning and development budget
- Foster an environment which encourages continuous learning and growth by working in partnership
The ideal candidate:
- A post-secondary degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a similar role
- Certification/designation in Adult Education; experience in adult-learning facilitation.
- Excellent technical ability (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS)
- Strong technical ability in eLearning rapid development software (Articulate, Captivate)
- Project management skills and ability to facilitate organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects
- Creativity and demonstrated ability working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity
- Results focused
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Strong team player who builds long lasting and trusted relationships
The measures of success:
- Successful Deployment of learning programs, measured by participant satisfaction
- Employee Voice Survey scores, measured by Development score
- Delivered ROI
- Demonstrates company values an leadership behaviors