At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts
The Coordinator, Audit & Control oversees the Audit & Control office and all the functions associated within the office. This position is responsible for training of the Audit & Control Associates and ensuring that the Audit & Control duties are executed to the Holt Renfrew expectations.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Overseeing banking, sales audit, accounts payable, petty cash and cash float management functions
- Inform, train and update associates on POS procedures and store routines.
- Provide financial support through banking reconciliation, invoice coding, petty cash management and chargeback investigations
- Ensure proper usage of Employee Parcel checks and employee purchase verification and storage
- Support Employee Discount Audit, Markdowns (including Employee), Extended Returns, Verify Unsalable merchandise Paperwork, CTS Refunding cancelled orders
- Complete weekly and monthly reports reconciling all cash office duties and responsibilities. Investigate Cash Shortages/overages and report findings to Manager.
- Assist Manager with training of cash, debit, credit and other transactions for all store associates
- Oversee repairs of technical systems (POS, etc.)
- Administer the Program for employee retrieval of keys/phones/ipads +maintenance and ensure completion and adherence to Opening and closing procedures
- Oversee and control supply requisitions to stay within budget and ensure cost control measures are followed.
- Ensure proper controls for EGCs from storing, sorting and distributing EGCs as well as addressing Aged EGCs. Reports unused balances to Manager.
- Perform department auditing of company policies and procedures related to Audit & Control and Cash Office
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies and requirements
- Perform other duties, as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in a similar environment; retail preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- A proven track record of strong attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and excellent written and verbal communication
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients