At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts.
The Assistant Buyer defines the luxury lifestyle shopping experience through building lasting relationships with our people, customers and partners by providing operational support to Buyers that drives achievement of sales volume, gross margin and full-price sell thru objectives.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following
- Monitor sales and margin performance and interpret variances against budget and forecast
- Assist in purchase order creation, tracking, open to buy reporting
- Check order confirmation from vendors for accuracy and compliance with our purchase order and/or terms of agreement
- Conduct purchase order follow up with vendors and resolve all related distribution issues.
- Support in the forecast preparation
- Assist in monthly/seasonal markdown sessions
- Monitor stock levels and initiate recommendations for repeat orders and consolidations
- Assist in preparation for pre-market analysis
- Participate in creation of financial plans in partnership with Buyers and Planners
- Work with Buyer and Planner to prepare seasonal business review
- Monitor buying office and sample inventory
- Provide sales analysis in-season for recommended repeats, consolidations and RTVs
- Complete/revise store allocations for merchandise on order
- Contribute towards establishing, maintaining and building strong relationships with vendors and internal departments to achieve goals
- Follow-up with stores using appropriate frequency and communication channels consolidations, repeats and RTVs, as well as product and merchandise information
- Initiate and coordinate with vendors and stores in-store product knowledge sessions and contests
- Prepare seasonal store product knowledge and road tour information; manage with the Buyer
- Track line budget performance and activity including plans and actuals.
- Coordinate all required activities for trunk shows, special events and personal appearances with the buyer and vendor.
- Responsible for all sample inventory from ordering, to return of merchandise
- Prepare presentations, media kits, event materials, etc.
- Complies with all Health & Safety policies and requirements
- Perform other duties, as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of post-university work experience
- Sound knowledge of purchasing principles and practices / Retail Math
- Previous experience in analysis an asset including use of system-based tools
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Highly service-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow up skills
- Passionate about fashion and luxury retailing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients