About the role:
As the Software Engineer, you will work closely with our other firmware and software engineers throughout the product lifecycle to develop and maintain software in accordance with the company quality systems. You will be keen to develop and contribute to a vibrant, technology-focused business.
The role is office based at our UK facility in Coventry but will be split working on activity for both our UK and US engineering teams. Travel in the UK, and possibly the US, may be required from time to time.
QED Environmental Systems Ltd.-UK, a Graco Inc. company, is located in Coventry, UK. QED is the leading manufacturer of innovative environmental products. For over 30 years their expertise has included Pumping Systems, Landfill Products, and Air Strippers. Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2018.
- To design and develop software from concept to completion for new and existing applications to a high standard
- To ensure compliance with QED’s Quality Management System
- Involvement in project planning, ensuring effective estimation and communication of anticipated timings for software requirements and delivery to these
- Evaluation and identification of new technologies for review and/or implementation
- Apply a professional commercial approach to all activity and customer interaction
- Ensuring that software can be delivered and implemented on both a local and global level, within QED and its group of companies
- Evaluation and identification of new technologies and development methodologies for review or implementation
Essential skills / experiences :
- Good Degree in software-related field OR several years’ experience
- Proficient in Java and Swing
- Proficient using development tools, such as Eclipse
- Experience with communication protocols (e.g USB, RS232, TCPIP/Sockets, Bluetooth)
- Previous experience developing an application with high quality general user interface
- Experience of a source control systems, especially Git
- Comfortable with complex mathematics
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both written and orally
- Extensive experience in a commercial design environment
Desirable skills / experiences :
- C#/.NET (Including with experience of WPF)
- Understanding of SOLID design principles
- Globalisation and localisation
- Jasper reporting engine
- Test case development
- Microsoft SQL Server/T-SQL, MySQL, or similar
- Developing firmware / embedded software in C/C++
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. QED-UK has excellent Holiday Entitlement, Contributory Pension, Employee Share Purchase Programme, Health Insurance Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Employee Benefits/Saving Scheme, Subsidised Lunches, Free Breakfasts, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle To Work Scheme, Training & Career Development.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!