Manage the on-site installation and field service of company products. When not in the field, handle phone and direct customer contacts relating to the use or troubleshooting of our equipment. Develop techniques to aid in diagnosing and troubleshooting products. Assist in tracking and reporting on customer interactions with us regarding all aspects of QED’s delivery of service. Maintain field service equipment. Coordinate with other field service technicians to provide timely and professional field service to QED’s customers.
QED Environmental Systems, a Graco Inc. company, is located in Dexter, Michigan, just west of Ann Arbor. QED is the leading manufacturer of innovative environmental products. For over 30 years their expertise has included Pumping Systems, Landfill Products, and Air Strippers.
Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2018.
- Coordinate with other field technicians to schedule and maintain field service in order to guarantee a professional field presence
- Provide phone support for customers to diagnose and troubleshoot the full line of QED products
- Develop systems that provide Sales and customers with field service charge and scheduling estimates
- Work closely with inside and outside Sales to coordinate trips into territories for maximum use of the field resource
- Provide reporting on field activity schedules
- Ensure reasonable profitability on for-charge field events and reasonable expense control on no-charge events
- Manage and maintain the field equipment
- Provide technical recommendations and support to customers and Sales department
- Establish sound troubleshooting and repair knowledge on all assigned equipment. Be prepared to provide troubleshooting and repair assistance by telephone to QED customers, distributors, sales reps and field sales personnel
- Use company computer data systems to maintain an organized workflow to provide timely repairs on customer equipment
- Make outbound phone contacts, as required
- Assist Engineering with installation, evaluation, and service of product prototypes
- Assist in the gathering and reporting of customer contacts as related to service (Feedback)
- Assist with repairs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's degree or relevant combination of education and experience
- Excellent knowledge of QED products
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools, with an emphasis on tool safety
- Understanding of basic pneumatics and electricity
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, including excellent customer contact skills
- Ability to work independently or successfully as part of a team
- Maintain OSHA 40-Hour Training (paid by QED)
- Good computer skills
- 30-50% travel with limited notice
- Ability to lift 50 -100 pounds
QED Environmental Systems is an equal employment opportunity employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!