Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Human Resource Specialist
Location: Fort Washington, MD
Education: BA/BS degree.
The Human Resource (HR) Specialist will support the Secretary of the Air Force - Concepts, Development, and Management Office (SAF-CDM) Human Resource Manager with allocation, management, and accounting for available resources. The HR Specialist will apply knowledge of the Headquarters Air Force (HAF) and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) organizations and experience with Department of Defense (DoD) policies and procedures and Intelligence Community (IC) policies to the following duties, as applicable. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct detailed analysis and process-mapping of all aspects of USAF and DoD civilian personnel management processes and systems. Plans, organizes, and executes strategic, operational and tactical levels of personnel policy and execution.
- Works with Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force (SAF/AA), Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), and Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) to process civilian personnel actions such as Requests for Personnel Actions (RPA), generating vacancy announcements, Position Description (PD) creation and classification, temporary and merit promotions, Management Directed Reassignments (MDR), affirmative employment, staffing, recruitment and placement, benefits, compensation and pay, classification, and employee development.
- Provide guidance on all areas of the Civilian Performance Management process. Provides Defense Civilian Intelligence Performance System (DCIPS) and Defense Performance Management and Appraisal Program (DPMAP) guidance to supervisors and higher level reviewers (HLR). Processes monetary and time off awards (TOA).
- Utilize USA Staffing application in working to select the best qualified candidates for announced vacancies.
- Assist in providing programming, budgeting, and execution formulation for manpower management analysis to include Organizational Change Requests (OCR) and Authorization Change Requests (ACR).
- Based on CDM guidance, prepare internal CDM directives and instructions to establish policy and provide direction to implement higher Headquarters’ (HQ) requirements.
- Serve as the administrative liaison with sister services, OSD and Unified Commands and Operational Units in Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
- Assist CDM Managers in coordinating, reviewing, and finalizing Position Descriptions (PD), core documents, job analysis worksheets, and building complete personnel packages.
- Ensure all Memorandums of Agreements (MOAs) and Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) are updated or revised at least annually, or as otherwise required by the MOA/MOU, and copies are maintained in a network accessible manner, when allowed by security requirements per Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 4000.19.
- Complete pending HR actions to meet operational requirements.
- Support the Personnel Chief with HR processes, organizational correspondence, and general personnel position description development, as necessary.
- Prepare and manage the HR correspondence, directives, SOPs, personnel transfers, and manpower and billet establishment and monitoring.
- Organize, maintain, and update short- and long-term plans for the organization.
- Utilizes Base Level Service Delivery Model (BLSDM), Assignment Management System (AMS), virtual Personnel Center (vPC), myPers, and Personnel Records Display Application (PRDA) in order to forecast and track selection board preparation, awards, decorations, and performance reports.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience conducting DoD or IC HR administration, including assisting HR managers with the allocation, management, and accounting for available resources.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Good customer service skills.
Travel: Minimal travel may be required.
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquires and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc.
200 Summit Drive
Burlington, MA. 01803
TEL: (781) 203-0100 Ext. 109
FAX: (781) 203-0098
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.