Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Program Budget Specialist - SME
Location: Washington, D.C.
Education: BA/BS degree
The Program Budget Specialist supports the Secretary of the Air Force - Concepts, Development, and Management Office (SAF/CDM) with planning, data research, collection and analysis, review, presentation, and documentation in support of Full Operational Capability (FOC). The Program Budget Specialist will develop recommended inputs for the annual Program Objective Memorandum (POM)/Future Year Defense Program (FYDP), President’s Budget (PB), and Budget Estimate Submissions (BES) processes. The Program Budget Specialist will provide analysis, integration, and evaluation of financial data in support of the DoD budget formulation process, support the development of budget documentation (e.g., Procurement and Research (P&R) Exhibits and Congressional Justification Books (CJBs)) and USAF reporting requirements. They will also provide expertise in the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE).
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collect, integrate, and analyze financial data in support of USAF drills and reviews and prepare the Chief of Financial Management for engagement.
- Advise on financial strategies related to execution of current year funds and sustainment of FYDP dollars.
- Collect, integrate, analyze, and evaluate current and past financial data and performance, identify trends/risks, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate risks and opportunities, and promptly identify issues/concerns with recommendations for effective resourcing strategies to management
- Advise on the budget formulation process and support the development of budget documentation (e.g., P&R Exhibits, CJBs, etc.) and Air Force reporting requirements.
- Inform the Headquarters Air Force (HAF)/Secretary of Air Force (SAF) Task Management Tracker (TMT) taskers on the full spectrum of the PPBE activities.
- Capture CDM input into the PPBE process and analyze the DoD priorities as they relate to the Joint Planning Guide, Defense Planning Guide, Air Force Planning Guidance, and Air Force Planning and Programming Instructions as well as how they impact CDM when implemented. Document recommendations based on analysis.
- Analyze planning/programming guidance and policies and disseminate PPBE timelines and as well as anticipated timeframes for associated data calls.
- Verify and report accuracy of data in DoD/USAF financial systems (e.g., ABIDES, ASARs, etc.).
- Document, record, track, and update enterprise financial/resources data.
- Compile and review program spend plans and weekly financial products. Recommend remediation for any issues noted
- Inform the HAF/SAF TMT taskers on the full spectrum of the PPBE activities.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum five years of experience in level of difficulty and responsibility within the DoD which shows the ability to perform duties supporting the spectrum of the DoD PPBE process.
- Minimum five years of experience with task definition and planning, data research, collection and analysis, review, presentation, and documentation within the DoD.
- Minimum five years of experience formulating inputs for the annual POM/FYDP, PB, and BES processes and analyses of their potential effects on program budgets and cost estimates with the DoD.
Travel: Minimal travel may be required.
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquires and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc.
200 Summit Drive
Burlington, MA. 01803
TEL: (781) 203-0100
FAX: (781) 203-0098
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.