Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Senior Human Resource Specialist
Location: Fairfax, VA
Education: Master’s degree.
The Human Resource (HR) Specialist will provide day-to-day administrative support to the office operations of the Secretary of the Air Force Concepts, Development, and Management Office. The HR Specialist will interact with lateral organizations and external agencies, as required, to accomplish the program mission. The HR Specialist will interface with personnel providing facilities management services, personnel management services, security services, computer support, public affairs support, and building management support to facilitate uninterrupted, day-to-day operations. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in allocating, managing, and accounting for all Civilian and Military Personnel assigned to CDM
- Assist in program, budget, and execution of the formulation for manpower management analysis.
- Act as a liaison to service personnel and manpower offices.
- Organize, maintain, and update short- and long-term plans for the organization.
- Assist in providing programming, budgeting, and execution formulation for manpower management analysis to include Organizational and Authorization Change Requests.
- Based on CDM guidance, prepare internal CDM directives and instructions to establish policy and provide direction to implement higher Headquarters’ (HQ) requirements. Develop and produce Civilian manpower management analysis
- Serve as the administrative liaison with the services, OSD and Unified Commands and Operational Units in Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
- Formulate and advise in the completion of HR actions to meet operational requirements to include Recruit Fill, Reassignment, Transfer, Detail, Promotion, and Resignation actions.
- Maintain and update suspense files on HR actions.
- Manage the HR correspondence, directives, SOPs, and guidance.
- Assist CDM Managers in coordinating, reviewing, and finalizing position descriptions, core documents, job analysis worksheets, and building complete personnel packages.
- Ensure all Memorandums of Agreements (MOAs) and Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) are updated or revised at least annually, or as otherwise required by the MOA/MOU, and copies are maintained in a network accessible manner, when allowed by security requirements per DoDI 4000.19.
- Complete pending HR actions to meet operational requirements.
- Support the Personnel Chief with HR processes, organizational correspondence, and general personnel position description development, as necessary.
- Prepare and manage the HR correspondence, directives, SOPs, personnel transfers, and manpower and billet establishment and monitoring.
- Complete manpower management analysis.
- Utilize Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS), MyPers, and MyBiz, as necessary.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience conducting DoD or IC HR administration, including assisting HR managers with the allocation, management, and accounting for available resources.
- Must have experience with Military and Civilian personnel
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Good customer service skills.
Travel: Minimal travel may be required.
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquires and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc.
200 Summit Drive
Burlington, MA. 01803
TEL: (781) 203-0100
FAX: (781) 203-0098
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.