Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel
- Work at a high operations tempo
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions
- An attitude that balances “I can make it better” with “As long as we succeed”
Position: Financial Analyst
Location: Fort Washington, MD
Education: BA/BS Degree.
The Financial Analyst supports the Secretary of the Air Force Concepts, Development, and Management Office (SAF/CDM) with accounting/financial support with experience and knowledge of maintaining accounting or financial ledgers; posting financial transactions; preparing accounting reports; reconciling accounts, and working with a variety of accounting and financial automated systems. The Financial Analyst will provide expertise to the Department of Defense (DoD) Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process, DoD appropriations, fiscal laws, DoD Financial Management Regulations (FMR), and Air Force Instructions. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Validate, monitor, and maintain finance and/or accounting records and specialized ledgers to accurately record and report on status of funds or payment processing.
- Reconcile electronic interfaces to general ledger from other systems. Prepare/post journal vouchers.
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers to control/summary accounts.
- Review and process finance and/or accounting transactions, ensure the propriety and validity of supporting documentation, and determine the appropriate account and methodology for processing.
- Input payment vouchers/invoices, commitments, and obligation documents into the United States Air Force (USAF) financial systems to include unclassified and classified systems in support of daily operations.
- Perform contract/financial transaction reconciliation for data accuracy and closeout duties using multiple accounting systems and databases to include, but not limited to, Mechanization of Contract Administration Services (MOCAS); Defense Enterprise and Management System (DEAMS), Commanders Resource Integration System (CRIS); Electronic Document Access (EDA); Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF); and Automated Business Services System (ABSS).
- Consolidate and analyze assessable units data for completeness and accuracy for submission into CDM Managers Internal Control Program (MICP).
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience providing accounting/financial support to DoD customers.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a user on the Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management System (DEAMS) processing AF Forms 9, Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs), D (MORD).
- Familiarity with fiscal laws, DoD appropriations, and the DoD Financial Management Regulation and Air Force Instructions applicable to financial management operations.
- Good verbal and written communications skills, able to communicate financial information to customers in easy to understand terms.
Travel: Minimal travel may be required
- Highly-motivated self-starters
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Individuals who have a “let me try” attitude and are resilient, present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (“let me try again”)
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, perspective, and energy.
Direct Inquires and Resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc.
200 Summit Drive
Burlington, MA. 01803
TEL: (781) 203-0100
FAX: (781) 203-0098
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.