Gemini Industries Inc. provides technical, management and operations services to support National Security projects. We provide rapid response to the critical needs of our customers and those they serve. We perform analyses and develop operations plans to anticipate and prepare for the future. And we deliver advanced technology to improve our customer’s success in executing its mission.
Position: Facilities Planner
Location: Miami, FL. Positions also available in Providence, RI and Oakland, CA.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Architecture or Engineering. Eight years of experience, USCG experience highly desired.
Clearance Required: Must be a U.S. citizen and National Background Check
Background: Gemini seeks innovative, results-oriented individuals with the creativity, initiative, and intelligence to overcome any challenge and succeed. Members of the Gemini team thrive in a culture that is anticipatory, agile, and schedule-driven; with a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed. Our culture involves:
- The best and brightest personnel,
- Work at a high operations tempo,
- Integrated teams delivering rapid solutions,
- An attitude that balances I can make it better with As long as we succeed
Extensive experience with the DD Form 1391 Planning Process including Problem Statements (PS), Planning Proposals (PP), Execution Proposals (EP), Planning Proposal Reports (PPR) and Master Plans. Must have eight years of experience in construction, engineering, and/or architecture required for capital improvement cost estimates, life cycle cost analysis, and total ownership cost analysis. Specific experience with Federal planning work which includes alternative analysis as well experience with the DOD planning processes and impacts. Specific experience with Federal planning work of the most complex nature. This includes publically and congressional visible or sensitive projects, time sensitive and high dollar projects, and projects involving environmental/historic preservation concerns. Knowledge of AutoCAD, Windows Vista, MS Office, and Federal Government Contracting (Federal Acquisition Regulations).
- Develop and complete planning documentation in accordance with the CG Field Planning Manual and the DD Form 1391 Planning Process for shore facilities acquisition, construction, or modification in support of CG missions.
- Prepare documents to include but not limited to: Problem Statements (PS), Planning Proposals (PP), and Execution Proposals (EP).
- Determine project objectives, planning factors, and project planning schedule with key milestones, and the critical path identified.
- Coordinate and assemble project Planning Factors and Stakeholder Criteria.
- Coordinate Real Property and Environmental actions in support of planning efforts with the direct support of the on-staff environmental specialist and others.
- Develop and coordinate schematic layouts and elevations, site plans, utility systems components, geotechnical data, economical analysis, space utilization studies, business case analyses, life-cycle-cost analyses, and mission requirements.
- Assemble and assess viable and non-viable alternatives by providing detailed supporting rational in narrative and graphic form resulting in the selection of a recommend course of action.
- Plan projects to include but not limited to: Fast Response Cutter (FRC) facilities; C-27 aircraft facilities; C-130J aircraft facilities, Offshore Patrol Cutter (OPC) facilities; new unit(s) establishment facilities; existing shore facilities recapitalization.
Site Planning Support:
- Develop space utilization studies, basic facilities requirements, and facility use investigations as decision making tools for personnel and resource allocation.
- Investigate sites to determine feasibility of proposed new construction projects, topography, and site data for additions of renovations, environmental impact, condition assessments of existing structures, and other pertinent data.
- Coordinate with the CG Headquarters, SILC, Facilities Design and Construction Center (FDCC), District Planners, and local operational stakeholders.
- Engage with Federal, State, and local partners; specifically Department of Defense (DoD) agencies for collocation of operational facilities and the General Services Administration (GSA) for acquisition of Federal and commercial facilities.
- Facilitate meetings, preparation and delivery of high-level formal presentations.
Economic Analysis and Budget Support
- Develop capital improvement cost estimates, life cycle cost analysis, total ownership cost analysis, and lease cost estimates in support of project design, construction, and execution.
- Establish budget tracking system for managed projects.
- Assist with preparing annual project budget submissions for the prioritized shore facilities requirements list (Prioritized SFRL) and Centralized Planning Project Prioritization Board.
Desired Characteristics: We seek:
- Highly-motivated self-starters,
- Resourceful individuals with extraordinary intellectual capability and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts,
- Individuals who have a let me try attitude and are resilient, who present an opinion/position, justify it, and then accept whatever decision is made and charge forward,
- Individuals who view criticism as an opportunity to improve (let me try again),
- Individuals who think and create, enhancing the company with a steady flow of fresh ideas, new perspectives, and energy.
Direct inquiries and submit resumes to:
Gemini Industries Inc.
200 Summit Drive
Burlington, MA. 01803
TEL: (781) 203-0100
FAX: (781) 203-0098
Gemini Industries Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to abiding by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.