Human Resources Representative - Recruiter
|Location:||Washington, DC - US|
|# of Openings:||1|
Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, and Nations in Transit. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The HR Representative will function primarily as the recruiter. She/he will support the HR department’s goal of recruiting and retaining top talent in an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and goal attainment. The HR Representative will source, identify, interview, test and on-board top talent for internship, administrative, program and management positions for our domestic and international offices speedily and efficiently. This position is based in Washington DC and reports to the Human Resources Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; PHR or other HR certification a plus
• Minimum 3 years experience conducting full life-cycle recruitment to include sourcing, screening and interviewing
• Excellent knowledge on Federal, State laws, OFCCP, EEO, and able to be compliant as it pertains to pre-employment candidate selection
• Experience completing criminal background, employment verification, I-9 and E-Verify process to ensure compliance.
• Ability to manage a requisition load of 15-20 job openings, both US and International
• Experience sourcing candidates from a variety of sources including professional networks, social media, search engines, and job boards.
• Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• Experience filling field positions or in international NGO strongly preferred
• Experience using Taleo/Oracle or similar Applicant Tracking system
• Mastery of MS Office Suite, specifically Excel
• Reconcile HR related invoices and ensure that payment is processed in a timely fashion
• Post job openings on the Freedom House career page and outside online resources
• Considerable skill in interviewing techniques
• Excellent knowledge of regarding employment practices
• Ability to apply superb attention to detail and consistently and speedily produce error free work
• Extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels
• Dependable, consistently at work and on time, strictly follow instructions and policy
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and monitor own work and ensure quality
• Discretion, flexibility, the ability to deal with and negotiate conflict effectively
• Ability to consistently apply good judgment in problem solving and decision making
• Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi task to meet tight deadlines
• Exhibit ethical conduct and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Some Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist hiring managers to accurately complete open job requisitions
• Write job announcements in standardized format
• Screen resumes and forward qualified applicants’ resumes to hiring managers
• Conduct preliminary phone screens as required by hiring managers
• Schedule and facilitate pre-employment tests and face-to-face interviews
• Conduct comprehensive background checks
• Send offer letters and enrollment packets to selected candidates
• Conduct new employee orientation as needed
• Complete weekly report on employment activity
• Set up new hire files and perform related administrative functions
• Train hiring managers on the recruiting and selection process
• Ensure all work products meet standards, policies, and mission of Freedom House
• Other related duties as assigned.
We offer great benefits including
• Generously subsidized dental insurance
• Generously subsidized vision insurance
• Generously subsidized health insurance with two options (HMO, PPO)
• 100% employer paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
• 100% employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
• Supplemental/voluntary life insurance for employee, spouse, and child(ren)
• 403(b) Retirement Plan with generous matching funds with 2 year 100% vesting schedule
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses
• Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro, and garage parking in DC
• Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• And much more……
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job posting is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. Freedom House may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
Qualified and Interested Applicants
Qualified candidates must complete an online application and submit a resume, and cover letter with desired salary.
Candidate cover letters should specifically address how their previous experience relates to the duties and qualifications listed above.
This vacancy is open to those candidates with relevant permits to work in the US.
No relocation costs will be covered by Freedom House.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results