Programs - Eurasia
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Freedom House supports the spread of freedom and democracy throughout the world through research, effective advocacy,and programs directly supporting frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we are supporting the right of every individual to be free .
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support of Freedom House’s office in Vilnius, Lithuania. She/he will perform responsibilities necessary to the day-to-day administration and provide financial and administrative support for the accomplishment of program objectives. This position is part-time , based in Vilnius, Lithuania and will report to the Project Director. Freedom House will not sponsor residency or work permits for this position, therefore only applicants with the legal right to live and work in Lithuania will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience performing administrative tasks in an office environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, Lithuanian, and Russian, both verbally and in writing
- Mastery with MS Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and meet all goals and deadlines
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work and multitask to meet tight deadlines
- Proven experience managing complex logistical arrangements for multiple projects, events and travel schedules
- Strong understanding of organizational financial management concepts and procedures
- Ability to apply superb attention to detail and consistently produce timely and error-free work
- Knowledge of financial requirements for a public establishment in Lithuania is preferred
- Driver’s license is preferred
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide office administrative duties including maintaining the filing system, coordinating and scheduling meetings and events, distributing mail, answering phone calls and directing to appropriate staff, etc.
- Maintain program files and databases for easy access and retrieval
- Monitor and ensure efficient maintenance of office equipment, facilities, IT, security, etc
- Assist with financial management for the office
- Assist with arranging logistics for multiple, concurrent program activities
- Other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties , as assigned, may be part of the job. Freedom House may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
Qualified and Interested Applicants
Qualified candidates must complete an online application and submit a resume, and cover letter with salary history and desired salary.
Freedom House will not sponsor residency or work permits for this position, therefore only applicants with the legal right to live and work in Lithuania will be considered.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.