Freedom House is seeking a Youth Development Specialist – to serve as the technical and implementation expert of a multi-year USAID-funded program that will support youth leadership development and youth-focused civic education in the Philippines. The program seeks to empower youth leaders to promote and sustain democratic values, increase capacity for youth leaders and organizations to network and share learning, and to revisit and improve civic education initiatives across the country. He or She will directly support the Chief of Party, help lead local staff in the implementation of project activities, and collaborate with Freedom House HQ staff as needed.
This position is contingent upon Freedom House being selected to implement the program. It will be based in Manila, Philippines.
- At least five to seven years of progressively responsible experience implementing donor-funded projects involving the youth as a primary beneficiary, preferably including one or more projects funded by USAID.
- Previous experience implementing projects with a strong youth capacity building and civic education component.
- Previous experience designing civic education and youth intervention strategies.
- Previous experience working in the Philippines strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; proficiency or working knowledge of Filipino/Tagalog strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel across the Philippines including Mindanao.
- Master’s degree or higher in the Social Sciences, Psychology, Political Science, Development Studies, Public Administration, Education, Management, or similar fields.
The Youth Development Specialist will:
- Serve as the technical expert in the design and implementation of activities focused on youth leadership, civic education, and political participation.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party and the leadership of Freedom House’s Asia programs, determine how best to achieve the program’s objectives.
- Identify approaches and partnerships that will optimize the impact of the program.
- Oversee activity implementation of the program in close collaboration with the USAID Philippines Mission.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with program partners, government officials and other stakeholders.
- Help the Chief of Party oversee the design and implementation of a robust Monitoring, Evaluation and Leaning (MEL) agenda.