The Campaign Editor will be responsible assisting the campaign team as well as managing, administering, and monitoring social media content that is designed for a Farsi-language digital literacy campaign by Freedom House. Candidates must be able to assist the campaign team in general day to day activities relating to content management. Additionally, candidates must be able to carry out Freedom House’s strategies across a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram. The successful candidate will also be required to report on social media data, against Key Performance Indictors (KPI). This is a remote job and the candidates do not need to attend the Freedom House office.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintaining daily communication and check ins with FH to assess the needs for the campaign
- Assisting the campaign team in campaign activities, such as content development
- Actively reaching out to and identifying potential partners and social influencers to join the online campaign.
- Undertaking any tasks required by Freedom House in the context of the campaign and its management
- Monitor and research on trends occurring in social media platforms that are relevant to the campaign (i.e. inauthentic news, false narratives, online harassment, and online hacking)
- Utilize research to produce relevant and compelling content for Farsi-language social media in a timely and regimented manner throughout the campaign
- Ensure that the messaging, tools, content and goals of the campaign are received by a wide reach of the target audience
- Secure a continuous level of engagement with the target audience throughout the campaign
- Act proactively when opportunities and obstacles emerge in order to enhance the campaign’s messages and reach to audience.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with social influencers and notable communities within social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Native fluency in Farsi
- Minimum three years online editorial experience, communications/journalism, or social media management experience in Farsi language social media and news platforms
Skills and Competencies:
- Familiarity with disinformation and online harassment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Farsi-language online environment
- Intermediate graphic design skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable and informed on political and social issues pertaining to Iran
- Strong sense of discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Ability to identify external obstacles and opportunities to the campaign
- Interest in human rights issues
- Self-starter, proactive, and able to work independently
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Strong editorial and writing skills
- Good time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
Attributes and Characteristics:
- Exhibit strong and sustained commitment to the mission of Freedom House
- Show good stewardship in the use of Freedom House resources
- Exhibit excellent phone etiquette, pleasant demeanor, and ethical conduct
- Display strong self-discipline
- Consistently use good judgment when dealing with all contacts and constituents
- Exhibit high work standards, adherence to procedures, and responsibility for assigned tasks
- Work as an effective team member, successfully balance individual and team responsibilities
- Comply with all policies and procedures
Disclaimer : This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. Freedom House may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
Qualified and Interested Applicants:
We invite qualified candidates to complete an online application and submit a resume and cover letter .
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.