Denovo is looking for a Network Engineer to join our Managed Services team. The preferred location for this role is Boulder, CO, though remote candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Network Engineers at Denovo are responsible for maintaining and administering converged voice/video/data network systems and services, which include data center facilities’ Cat5/Cat6 cable plants, switches, routers, load balancers, wireless LAN infrastructure, VoIP systems, and TCP/IP security appliances. Supported environments include Denovo’s extensive data center and global customer networking environments. In a strong team framework, collaborate in developing overall network architecture and strategic direction of datacenter and customer enterprise data networks. The position will be responsible for helping maintain uptime SLAs for Denovo’s 24x7 network operations.
- Deploy, maintain, and administer switch, router, firewall, load balancer, VoIP, and WLAN fabrics.
- Manage maintenance agreements and maintain consistent device configurations, accurate device asset inventories, and up-to-date network diagrams and documentation.
- Participate in network and security architecture, design, and auditing processes that meet the PCI Data Security Standard.
- Configure and manage a variety of IPsec LAN to LAN VPN connections in a mixed-vendor environment.
- Working in a strong global team environment, assist the Manager of Network Operations in developing the strategic direction of Denovo datacenter and global customer voice/data network infrastructures and in developing, maintaining, and encouraging secure computing environments.
- Share 7x24 rotational responsibilities for Network Engineering On-Call support.
- Follow, support, and promote the ongoing improvement of project methodologies, change management, security, and other Denovo corporate and Network Operations team policies.
- Participate in and support team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, system development, and operations.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of network engineering experience required; datacenter experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated CCNP-level (or equivalent) understanding of the OSI Network Reference Model in a TCP/IP protocol and technologies framework, including 10/100/1000baseT Ethernet, 802.1q, VRRP/HSRP, Spanning Tree/PVST, DiffServ QoS, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, and IPSec
- Experience with SNMP monitoring and packet capture tools such as Nimsoft, SolarWinds®, Plixer Scrutinizer™ Analyzer, Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.
- Understanding of network virtualization, automation, and software-defined networking concepts.
- Experience with Palo Alto, Aruba, Cisco, F5, Juniper, and ShoreTel equipment
Soft Skills :
- Must have excellent customer service skills and thrive in a team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is innovative and quick to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure and stressful situations. Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Possesses strong analytical, conceptual and planning skills. Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities. Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong documentation skills.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills. Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies. Talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner.