Perform activities related to the day-to-day administration and maintenance of IBMi systems. Handles installations, upgrades, backups, and configuration. Function as a technical expert providing implementation and support services to an exciting range of customer environments. Denovo is based in Boulder, CO. Telecommuting will be considered for candidates not able to work out of the Denovo Boulder office.
- Perform iSeries/i administration and security setup/maintenance.
- Monitor and optimize the performance on the IBMi for any system resource constraints and provide recommendations to management.
- Knowledge of iSeries LAN Console, and Operations Navigator (iNavigator for Web).
- Knowledge of the Hardware Management Console (HMC) and Logical Partitioning (LPAR) configuration. This includes new IBMi hardware setup and installations.
- Knowledge of and some experience with VIOS configuration and VLAN for networking and LPAR builds.
- Work with Denovo and client application owners to monitor and troubleshoot application performance.
- Provide emergency and on-call support as required by the business and/or application owners to ensure availability and integrity of the application and data.
- Work with the application owners, on an as-requested basis, to plan for and provide guidance on hardware and software upgrade planning. Also work with application owners to provide process improvements when needed.
- Work with remote Client support personnel to maintain 24x7 up time requirement.
- Knowledge of setting up, testing, troubleshooting, monitoring of system back-ups and disaster recovery procedures. BRMS experience is desirable.
- Some experience with high availability (HA) replication software preferably MIMIX (V7 or V8 minimum) or iTerra.
- Knowledge of OS400/IBM i releases (V7R1, V7R2, V7R3 or above), knowledge of OS upgrade strategies, and the application of Program Temporary Fixes (PTFs) and the distribution of image files.
- Configure and maintain system tools for performance monitoring and adhere to all change management policies.
- Four-year degree in computer science or related field.
- 8-10 years of IBMi administration experience.
- Must have strong experience with AS/400 Standard Query Language, application support, and basic networking skills. TCP configuration experience is required.
- Professional certifications are preferred.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience in high transaction volume and large system environments desired.
- Must be located in and authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Tech savvy – proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies, speak the language.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and prioritization/triage skills.
- Talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner.