The Information Security Engineer is responsible for identifying weaknesses within a network and creating firewalls or configuring systems to enhance existing security features. Responsible for responding to and documenting security threats, resolving technical issues and allocating resources to deliver solutions.
- Maintain all the security hardware and software
- Research and analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Identify current and emerging technical issues including security threats, trends, and vulnerabilities
- Implement best practices within teams as it relates to security guidelines and procedures
- Be a liaison with vendors to implement security solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent is required
- Security Certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, GISP, are required
- Experience across a variety of security platforms including firewalls, information security and virus protection, URL filtering is required
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and/or networks is preferred
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate IT information to people without a technical background
- Enthusiasm for staying up to date with the latest security issues/threats and solutions
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies.
- Talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner.