We are always on the lookout for experienced Sales Solution Architects. Candidates with JD Edwards, Oracle ERP, and Managed Services/Cloud experience are encouraged to apply.
The Solution Architect (SA) is a customer/prospect-facing position that works collaboratively with the Denovo sales teams to win qualified sales opportunities and ensure customer solutions are both operationally deliverable and profitable. The Solution Architect shall assume a leadership role in the attainment of new customers using their strong understanding of Denovo service offerings as well as additional third party services, contract structures, various costing/pricing methods, and various approaches to terms and conditions to craft large, configurable, repeatable sales process. The Solution Architect shall take a leadership role in convincing the customer contacts of the credibility of the solution and effectiveness of the solution in meeting the customer’s requirements. The Solution Architect shall have interaction with middle to senior customer contacts (i.e. CIO, CFO, Operations Managers, Legal, Outside Consultants and Legal Firms).
The location for this position is somewhat flexible, but must be based in the Central or Eastern United States.
- Support customer/prospect discovery calls and present the Denovo operational value proposition. Explain “how” solution will be delivered to customers’ mid-level management team.
- Create the operational solution, customizing as necessary, to balance the needs of the solution, customer, and Denovo.
- Create the costing and risk methods that balance the needs of the solution, customer, and Denovo. The costing and services solution will require strategic and tactical thought in the identification of cost drivers of the solution. Proactive and efficient communication is needed in order to gather the costing data and customer requirements from both internal and external sources. Various costing methods from Denovo’s line of business needs to be combined and rationalized in order form a complete and deliverable costing strategy.
- Responsible for taking the complete operational solution through Denovo’s approval process which includes various approval streams as well as corporate approvals from such organizations as: Revenue Recognition, Risk Management, etc. The Solution Architect will have the lead of documenting and prioritizing the approval concerns related to the operational issues and working with the Deal Team to resolve those concerns. This will include multiple cycles back through the approval process. This must be accomplished with speed and effectiveness in order to keep pace with the Sales cycle timeline.
- Change Agent. Based on “real deal” experiences, creates recommendations for changes in Configurable Services, costing methods. Services, and terms and conditions.
- Mentor junior-level Sales Consultants.
- Provide smooth and efficient transfer to Transition Team.
- 5-8 years consulting or pre-sales, solution-oriented experience.
- 4-year college degree in applicable field, advanced degree preferred.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Oracle/JD Edwards ERP offerings or Cloud/Managed Services. Candidates with JDE Manufacturing and Transportation experience are preferred.
- Experience with E-Business Suite or Oracle Cloud is a plus.
- Keen understanding of and ability to articulate value chain concept.
- Highly effective team leadership, integration and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- To effectively fill this role, travel will be required. We anticipate at least 50% travel.