The Storage Administrator is responsible for ensuring the integrity of Denovo's storage in the computing systems environment. These responsibilities include planning and support of strategic objectives by aligning with business requirements as defined by the management team. Specific responsibilities include establishing standards for server and storage configuration, usage, and management; storage system reliability and capacity management, availability, and monitoring; backup strategies; application support; as well as research, recommendation, and implementation of new technologies.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of enterprise storage and system software.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of storage area networks (SANs).
- Technical support of all client-server and SAN storage issues.
- Development of technology standards and establishment of performance guidelines to support daily operations of server and storage infrastructure.
- Capacity planning to ensure sufficient resources to meet business requirements.
- Compliance with applicable industry and regulatory standards including structural standards, security standards, and privacy standards.
- Evaluation and recommendation of new technologies.
- Performs assignments that require an ability to act independently with minimum supervision, including but not limited to facilitating discussions with business users and influencing others that have no reporting relationship to him/her.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other related field of study preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years Linux or Windows administration strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years storage administration (i.e. - SAN configuration) is required
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies like VMware, AWS, Azure, OCI, OVM highly desirable
- Knowledge of backup technologies like CommVault, Tivoli Storage Manager
- Scripting skills with bash, Powershell, python, or Ruby a plus
- IBM v5000,v7000 and NetApp systems preferred.
- Experience with Brocade series SAN switches preferred.
- Excellent service-driven customer-focused skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Must be effective in working in an environment that requires the ability to multi-task, adapt to change, and to produce timely deliverables at high quality standards.
- Proven ability to work in both a team environment and independently. Exhibit a high level of individual initiative.
- Ability to create and adapt processes and procedures to meet changes in business needs.
- Ability to learn new technology and provide creative solutions to business needs.