Performs the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of UNIX and Linux computer systems. Sets up user accounts on organization’s servers. Runs necessary system backups. Provides end-user technical support and troubleshoots problems on local area networks (LAN) and data networks involving UNIX and/or Linux operating systems.
The selected candidate must be able to work onsite at the Denovo offices in Boulder, CO.
- Acting as subject matter expert for UNIX and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Consult with Denovo team and users to determine system requirements and specifications.
- Act as a member of a quick-response team. Will often work under demanding deadlines, operating independently to resolve complex problems.
- Develop scripts to automate repetitive tasks or document procedural run-books for junior administrators.
- Configure and administer enterprise monitoring tools employing SNMP or local agents.
- Configure and administer IBM VIO server environments, DLPARing, and Live Partition Mobility.
- Ability to clearly summarize and communicate complex environments and issues.
- Four-year degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least five (5) years of UNIX and Linux administration experience. AIX experience is a plus.
- Experience with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), administration of TSM environments.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of IBM Power Series hardware (e.g. Power6, Power7, Power8) and RHEL6/RHEL7.
- Experience in datacenter environments is highly preferred.
- At least three years advanced technical support in a team environment, including customer service experience.
- Proven ability to understand, interpret, and glean results from complex technical relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage moderately complex projects involving on UNIX systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair skills of UNIX systems and related peripherals.
- Advanced knowledge of related industry best practices.
- Strategic, tactical, operational and financial understanding of an IT environment.
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies. Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
Soft Skills :
- Thrives in strongly team-oriented environments, but also excels working independently.
- Exhibits a high level of individual initiative and follow-through.
- Promotes a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Work from verbal and written instructions of varying levels of detail.