Perform the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of networks and computer systems with Microsoft Windows operating systems. Set up user accounts on organization’s servers. Run necessary system backups. Provide technical support and troubleshoot problems on local area networks (LAN) and data networks using Microsoft operating systems. May perform some programming and may be responsible for script writing to enhance automation of redundant tasks.
- Install, configure and manage Microsoft Server environments
- Troubleshoot issues related to Microsoft Server environments.
- Ability to work on-call rotations and off hour assignments as needed.
- Four-year degree in related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 5 years of advanced technical support in a structured team environment.
- At least two years of customer service experience.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and glean results from complex technical relationships.
- Ability to complete projects/tasks on-time, on/under budget track record is preferred.
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair skills of computers, printers, and related peripherals.
- Understanding of software configurations, compatibilities, and licensing.
- Knowledge of network printers, Windows 7, Office 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365.
- Knowledge of Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008-2012R2
- Understanding of VMWare, Citrix, ADUC, GPO’s, and Service Now.
- Knowledge of related industry best practices.
- Strategic, tactical, operational and financial understanding of an IT environment.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent service-driven customer-focused skills.
- Proven ability to work in both a team environment and independently. Exhibit a high level of individual initiative.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, and successfully follow-to-completion all assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to take direction from all levels.
- Excellent reading, oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Work from verbal and written instructions or requirements of varying levels of detail.
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies. Strong problem solving abilities.