iSeries - System Administrator
Perform activities related to the day-to-day administration and maintenance of IBMi systems. Handles installations, upgrades, backups, and configuration. Provides implementation and support services to a range of customer environments.
Boulder, CO is the preferred location for this position, though candidates in the US and Canada will be considered.
- Perform IBMi administration and security setup/maintenance.
- Monitor and optimize the performance on the IBMi for any system resource constraints and provide recommendations to management.
- Knowledge of iSeries LAN Console, and Operations Navigator.
- Knowledge of the Hardware Management Console (HMC) and Logical Partitioning (LPAR) configuration. This includes new IBMi hardware setup and installations.
- Work with Denovo and client application owners to monitor and troubleshoot application performance.
- Provide emergency and on-call support as required by the business and/or application owners to ensure availability and integrity of the application and data.
- Work with the application owners, on an as-requested basis, to plan for and provide guidance on hardware and software upgrade planning. Also work with application owners to provide process improvements where needed.
- Work with remote Client support personnel to maintain 24x7 up time requirement.
- Knowledge of setting up, testing, troubleshooting, monitoring of system back-ups and disaster recovery procedures.
- Familiar with high availability (HA) replication software.
- Knowledge of OS400 releases (V5.R3, V5.R4, V6R1 and V7R1), knowledge of OS upgrade strategies, and the application of Program Temporary Fixes (PTFs) and the distribution of image files.
- Configure and maintain system tools for performance monitoring and adhere to all change management policies.
- Four-year degree in computer science or related field.
- 1-3 years of IBMi administration experience.
- Must have strong experience with IBMi Standard Query Language, application support, and basic networking skills.
- Professional certifications are preferred.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience in high transaction volume and large system environments preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Tech savvy – proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies, speak the language.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, attention to detail.
- Talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner.