The Architect/Manager for Unix, Backup, Storage, and Virtualization, serves as the point person for all technical-related matters for their technical areas of focus. The Architect/Manager manages a team of operations technical resources who support their areas of focus.
The Architect/Manager works in coordination with the lead of managed infrastructure services to ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met with effective solutions, issues are resolved in a timely manner, and there is effective communication across customer and internal teams. The Architect/Manager is also the architect for their areas of focus who works to continually improve environments and process for both the sales and infrastructure teams at Denovo.
Additionally, the Architect/Manager should help identify and participate in the automation of redundant tasks and the customer on-boarding process.
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in our Boulder, CO office.
- Serve as trusted advisor, interfacing with senior and operational customer staff. Serve as point of escalation for both the customer and other Denovo team members in maters that relate to service delivery.
- Ensure the technical team is addressing and solving issues in a timely manner to meet defined SLA’s. Drive tickets to closure, ensuring thorough documentation for resolution.
- Manage the technical team’s priorities and workload.
- Serve as the lead technical escalation engineer for all issues.
- Understand business issues and where technology enhancements within the product base could enhance customer experience.
- Partner with the sales and solution architect teams to ensure a smooth onboarding process for customers.
- Work with Customer Service Managers (CSM) to Identify and propose enterprise client management innovations and improvement opportunities.
- Assess new business opportunities with existing customers to help sell new services including, but not limited to, consulting, software, managed services, etc.
- Understand what is being monitored and the overall effectiveness. Work with Tier 1 support team to ensure that the proper steps are followed based on monitored events.
- Work with engineering team to continually evaluate and enhance proactive monitoring and support initiatives.
- Serve as point of escalation for both the customer and other Denovo team members in matters that relate to technology delivery.
- Inspire respect, trust, and motivate others to perform well. Ensure adherence to established standards and procedures. Provide technical training to both direct reports, and cross-training to partner disciplines.
- Create, update, and train on technical discipline specific documentation.
- Promote customer focus, monitoring customer satisfaction. Keep Denovo management apprised of customer satisfaction.
- Working with the CSM, manage issues or conflicts that may arise between Denovo and customer. Clarify interests and positions of all parties. Manage conflict, manipulation or strong emotions in an objective and appropriate manner.
- Provide detailed and timely status reporting to all management as requested.
- A minimum of 10 years Linux administration (RedHat (RHEL 5-7, OEL), AIX, etc.).
- A minimum of 5 years storage administration.
- A minimum of 5 years backup technologies administration (TSM and Commvault preferred).
- A minimum of 5 years of virtualization experience (OCI, AWS, and VMWare).
- IBM v5000,v7000 and NetApp systems preferred.
- Experience with Brocade series SAN switches preferred.
- Four-year degree in a technology field preferred.
- At least 10 years of overall IT experience coupled with a minimum of 5 years of IT related management experience.
- Background/familiarity with ERP systems preferred.
- Previous position as a lead engineer or architect preferred.
- Professional certification as appropriate.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to work nights/weekends/on-call as necessary
- Excellence in providing customer-focused service.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and manage cross-functional teams for optimal service delivery.
- Exhibits sound judgment and integrity.
- Able to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize personal and team initiatives.
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies. Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner.