The Cloud Architect designs, deploys and supports the ongoing maintenance of all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud.
- Participate in the creation of a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adoption process.
- Regularly evaluate, design and execute proof of concepts with cloud technologies, hardware, and software.
- Work closely with Network and Security SMEs to create conceptual, logical and physical design for hosted and disaster recovery cloud solutions.
- Support SAs in the sales organization in building hosted solutions for new clients.
- Deploy cloud technologies and define operational elements to properly maintain throughout the technology lifecycle.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy and monitor disaster recovery
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Participate in the planning and execution of workload migration to cloud; both Private and Public.
- Provide Tier 3 support to operational personnel on incident, problem & performance resolution
- Engage in capacity planning & environment optimization
- Provide guidance in automation techniques and opportunities to streamline deployments and overall management of the environment.
- Execute and document processes around environment recoveries in support of disaster recovery requirements.
- Interface with DEVOPS to help define and deploy automation capabilities.
- Assist in the creation, definition and deployment of standards and reference architectures for hosted applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 5+ years' experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Experience with ESXi server and storage virtualization required. Nutanix hyperconverged & AHV preferred.
- Experience with Cloud monitoring tools.
- Experience in a service provider/multi-tenant cloud environment supporting SLA driven workload a requirement.
- Experience with replication and recovery orchestration tools.
- 3+ years experience with AWS, OCI, and/or Azure required
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Excellent service-driven customer-focused skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Proven ability to work in both a team environment and independently. Exhibit a high level of individual initiative.
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, and successfully follow-to-completion all assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision. Ability to take direction from all levels.
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies. Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.