The Vice President of Managed Services is responsible for growing and operating Denovo’s Cloud, Application, and Infrastructure Managed Services, including support of on-premise and cloud hosted systems and applications, networking services, database services, help desk/desktop support services, operations center, and so on. Ensure that execution and growth are handled in a profitable and customer-focused manner. Oversee delivery to ensure the successful execution and delivery of customer contracts and service-level agreements (SLAs). Provide strategic and operational leadership, working to build the team and drive a positive morale.
The required location for this position is Boulder, Colorado.
- Provide strategic, technical, and operational leadership for the Managed Services team. Drive a customer-focused team, setting customer satisfaction rating or other expectations with the team and move the team toward meeting those goals. Coordinate with the Customer Experience team to develop goals, action plans, and metrics tracking to achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Oversee delivery management, ensuring that the team is addressing and solving issues in a timely manner, to meet defined SLAs. Ensure that tickets are driving to closure, and that methodologies and processes are followed.
- Encourage and participate in collaboration across departments and functions. Partner to provide strategy, planning, and integration of technical activities.
- Establish and drive consistent communication channels within the team, as well as with other departments and functions internally and externally.
- Provide effective staff leadership through performance management, coaching, mentoring and development. Hold managers accountable to manage, coach, and develop team members. Work with HR to drive the performance improvement and development process. Promote recognition of team accomplishments, and individual employee accomplishments. Ensure alignment with company culture.
- Ensure appropriately skilled resources are available when needed. Coordinate with HR to develop sourcing and other strategies to fill identified skill gaps, evaluating cost of internal versus external resources.
- Ensure that team members have the necessary tools, skills and access needed to provide the highest possible customer experience.
- Communicate with clients regularly. Service as a point of escalation when needed. Ensure proactive and timely communication at all times, both internally and with customers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key suppliers and partners to ensure that products and services meet quality and cost standards.
- Coordinate with Sales and Advanced Technology teams to ensure a smooth onboarding process for customers. Support Sales as needed to help drive revenue growth. Assess new business opportunities with existing customers to help sell new services.
- Work with Engineering to continually evaluate and enhance proactive monitoring, automation, and support initiatives.
- Provide detailed and timely status reporting to all management as requested.
- May take an active, hands-on approach when needed.
- Four-year degree in IT, Computer Science or related field. Graduate degree is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience in a Managed Services, Infrastructure, and/or Cloud business, plus at least 8 years of leadership experience.
- Professional certification as appropriate. ITIL certification is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive results with a sense of urgency and financial accountability.
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and motivate teams.
- Experience working with onsite and offsite resources, as well as customers, c-level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects, ensuring that deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Must be located within commuting distance of, and willing to work full-time in our Boulder, CO office.
- Excellent service-driven, customer-focused skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and manage cross-functional teams for optimal service delivery to customer.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, attention to detail.
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies. Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner.