The Monitoring Administrator will serve as a primary individual responsible for implementation, configuration, and ongoing management of our network and infrastructure monitoring systems.
- Monitor network systems and alerts and work with managed service teams to ensure corrective actions are taken when systems are not functioning as expected.
- Design and operate secure monitoring solutions that provide availability and performance insight into Operating Systems, applications, and network infrastructure using a variety of management protocols
- Ensure ongoing availability of monitoring solutions through sound management of monitoring infrastructure components
- Create customized health monitors and alerts as needed
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Shall administer, operate, manage, establish, configure, optimize, and monitor applications and tools for monitoring management.
- Monitoring system traffic and rates of data flow
- Identifying, recommending and implementing changes to achieve system and network performance improvements
- Share 7x24 rotational responsibilities for systems monitoring On-Call support.
- Participate in and support team-oriented approaches to problem solving, system development, and operations.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years working with application, systems, or network monitoring tools.
- Experience with PRTG, N-Central, ManageEngine monitoring and packet capture tools.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and thrive in a team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is innovative and quick to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure and stressful situations.
- Possesses strong analytical, conceptual and planning skills. Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities. Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills. Strong documentation skills.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.