Blackstone’s Federal Practice is hiring Technical Project Manager in Washington, DC
We are looking for a talented Technical PM who is passionate about business analytics solutions and excited to join our growing team of technology and software consulting professionals. Strong candidates will have a desire to learn and work with new technologies and provide high quality support and leadership for transformational application development efforts and teams.
- Translating product roadmaps and feature requests into models, workflow diagrams, user stories, acceptance criteria, SELC Documentation, and other suitable artifacts
- Create, update, and maintain responsibility for program documentation and artifacts including technical and functional procedures, technical documentation, architectural diagrams, DR plans, and requirements traceability matrices.
- Maintain responsibility for the delivery of work products and contractual deliverables
- Collaborating with other technical SMEs, architects, developers, and other leads to drive requirements
- Identifying and coordinating cross-team dependencies
- Working with project management, development teams, and other departments to actively remove obstacles blocking progress and ensure program is within schedule
- Prioritizing and grooming their team(s) backlog
- Attending daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and other team meetings with your agile team(s)
- Creating work estimates, tracking progress, and reporting status in the form of burn up/down charts
- Understanding the design, business logic, and technical architecture of the platform components and how those components interact with the rest of the platform
- Serving as primary expert (functional, not technical) for the components for which you are responsible
- 3-5 years of experience in technical product or program management
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or an additional 3 years of related experience
- 2+ years of experience in full software lifecycle design, development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, or problem diagnosis/ resolution for large scale implementations or systems integration efforts.
- Ability to work on complex data structures and wide set of experience in large scale data analytics or business intelligence solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- US Citizen per Federal contract requirements
- Ability to obtain government security clearance
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!