Blackstone’s Federal Practice is hiring and Oracle DBA in Washington, DC
This position is for an Oracle DBA supporting a federal client’s shared services infrastructure hosted in traditional data centers, with a planned migration to a cloud services infrastructure. The client is a shared service provider of DHS IT systems and offers managed services through various cloud service providers.
Job Duties include:
- Providing technical expertise to create detailed database designs and documenting the results, including data models and flow diagrams
- Evaluating, configuring and optimizing databases to meet user requirements
- Determining data organization, indexing methods, and security designs for databases
- Planning and coordinating the conversion or migration of existing (or legacy) databases to state of the art RDBMS
- Defining and creating databases for applications
- Managing development and operational databases, as well as performing maintenance actions and patches to sustain their health.
- Assist with identifying, strategizing, and designing potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Oracle DBA technology, market capabilities, and trends.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configuring a monitoring solution for Windows and Linux servers in a cloud environment
- Support day-to-day operations and management of an enterprise level production database in the cloud.
- Develop, manage, and test installations, upgrades, replication, backup and recovery of current databases.
- Monitor user access and performance of the database systems.
- Create best practices for cloud database operations.
- Participation in maintenance windows and on-call availability for outages.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Oracle or SQL Server Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated understanding of network, storage, server, compute, and application technologies.
- Extensive experience with implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a the required DHS security clearance.
Preferred Tech and Professional Experience
- Active DHS Public Trust
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure environments
- One or more database certifications (ex: Oracle, Microsoft, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with SQL database technologies
- Experience with Big Data concepts and technologies within a cloud environment (ex: MongoDB, Redshift, etc.)
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts, high traffic/high availability networking concepts like load balancing, clustering
- Experience working with load balancing technologies and large scale web server farms.
- Very strong and solid experience of database administration in a cloud environment. Experience with replication/clustering and partitioning a must.
- Experience writing and executing stress tests on databases and services
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics, data-at-rest encryption, secure connectivity
- ITIL certification or experience with ITIL
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!