The Blackstone Federal is looking to hire a Policy Analyst in Arlington, VA. The analyst will review policy documentation and pull requirements to input into a requirements traceability matrix for business process improvement. The analyst will collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define the transformed business model, including re-engineered business processes, new or re-defined process roles, business requirements, and business rules.
- Analyzes policy documentation to formulate requirements for business process improvement and information systems
- Represents the business unit to define requirements and business cases for the technology developments
- Supports an integrated team to define, design, and plan the transition to transformed agency-wide capabilities and to identify and resolve business issues that would otherwise constrain the transformed business model
- Consolidates requirements to identify policy and procedural gaps across Components
- Provides subject matter expertise and guides others through the process in one or more of the following areas: HR policy, business process modeling, business rules development, and functional requirements development
- Drives the end-to-end solution strategy and implementation of the to-be vision through Program Releases; supports the review and approval of solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word is required, experience with Orbis is a plus
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security Clearance (Active DHS clearance is a plus - U.S. Citizenship is a requirement to obtain clearance).
- Mid-Level: 2 years+ related experience
- Big 5 consulting experience
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the design of moderately complex information systems so that functional issues may be understood and business requirements can be properly defined for software development
- Can conduct trade-off analyses on business and technical requirements
- Has, or can quickly develop, a working understanding of the applicable programming languages, operating systems and databases that will be used on the projects and programs
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and both written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to interact comfortably with Senior Leadership and/or Government Executives and staff on a day-to-day basis
- Self-starter who can provide client solutions with minimal instructions and can run independently on projects
- Thrive in a dynamic work environment, exhibiting ability to be flexible and a strong team-player
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!