Blackstone is hiring a proven Senior Technical Program Manager to join our Federal Practice in Arlington, VA. The Technical Program Manager will manage and track the Technical Authority and Architecture program team through a variety of emerging technology initiatives from requirements through implementation. Ensuring the program navigates the federal landscape while defining scope, tasks and ensuring objectives are met.
- Serves as the lead PM for the Enterprise Technical Architecture and Engineering team
- Develops and maintain organizational processes, project request process, work plans, risk management, schedules and capability delivery.
- Evaluates market and industry technologies and develops approach to asses, pilot and incubate selected technologies
- Drives execution of highly complex and decentralized technology programs including; software and hardware requirements, long term planning, dependencies, solutions requirements
- Translates advanced concepts into practical and effective solutions using structured techniques to define and refine requirements
- Establishes a repeatable program management structure for emerging technology evaluations, pilots and production deployments
- Develops presentations of findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and oral presentations to a variety of audiences, including non-technical personnel
- Coordinate and track cross-functional activities associated with key initiatives
- Lead in planning and scheduling commitments including work breakdown structures, Gantt charts, risk matrices, and phased task scheduling
- Coordinate program meetings such as Program Management Reviews and facilitate tracking/completion of action items
- 10-15 years of demonstrated and hands-on experience in Technical Program Management within federal contracting
- 5+ years experience managing initiatives within Networks, Telecommunications, and/or Data Center, integrated hardware solution and professional Information Technology (IT) services enterprise services, systems architecture, and integration
- Experience developing or reviewing Project Charters, ConOps, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Use Case, and a variety of technical documentation
- Experience establishing, organizing and leading cross functional teams within CIO, CTO, COO organizations
- Strong track record of meeting business needs while balancing technical objectives
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous program efforts from pre-initiation to deployment to operations
- Experience coordinating with IT Security, Architecture, Governance, Compliance and Shared Services organizations
- Successful history of difficult and complex problem-solving with respect to the appropriate systems
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral), and the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline.
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security (Active DHS clearance is a plus - U.S. Citizenship is a requirement).
- Preference of DHS or DOD experience
- Preference of experience within Technical Authority organizations
- Graduate degree in computer science or information management/technology preferred.
- Project Management and technical certifications such as PMP, CSM, ITIL or equivalent desired. Agile/SAFe understanding with experience working with Agile methodology
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps / DevSecOps