Blackstone is hiring a driven Senior Technical Program Manager to join our Federal Practice in Arlington, VA. The Technical Program Manager will manage and track the IT solution delivery cycle, from requirements through implementation, closure and post-implementation customer support, while ensuring project tasks are properly defined, budgeted, prioritized, and resourced. Experience in application development, web development, migration and/or cloud related initiatives is preferred.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Owns the development lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Keeps program manager(s) well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and client project manager.
- Reviews work of development team. Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Communicates and enforces development standards. Performs analysis and makes recommendations for development toolsets. Oversees implementation of development toolsets and standardizes processes and deliverables.
- Establishes and monitors schedules. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule. Works with other project leads/managers to identify/assign resources to projects and develop/grow teams.
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding development efforts.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, develop and deepen long-lasting client relationships.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions. Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, systems and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management science, business, technical or related discipline
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security (Active DHS clearance is a plus - U.S. Citizenship is a requirement).
- Minimum of 7+experience in systems analysis and design of information systems programs, preferably in a consulting firm environment. Government client experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management Methodologies experience
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership skills and success building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines
- Experienced in managing client requirements and small teams
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and business presentation skills
- Demonstrates strong client interfacing skills: a positive attitude, highly motivated, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (ability to create and maintain technical documentation leveraging SMEs for content)
- Experience with MS Project
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with Senior Leadership and/or Government Executives and staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can provide client solutions with minimal instructions and can run independently on projects.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment, exhibiting flexibility and team-player skills
• Project Management and Agile Certification, PMP / ACP / CSM preferred
• ITIL certifications a plus
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!