Blackstone Technology Group’s Federal Division is looking for a talented Project Manager who is passionate about federal IT management to join our growing team of technology and software consulting professionals. Strong candidates will have a desire to drive change in the federal space by implementing new policies, streamlining processes, and improving the maturity of Agile practices.
- Socialize, coordinate, and implement, communicate progress of implementation changes to deeply-instilled acquisition processes
- Assess the change impact - conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders
- Work with customer teams to identify process enhancement requirements
- Develops and oversees implementation of detailed change management plans
- Familiarity with federal acquisition regulation and processes desired
- Ability to interface with various diverse stakeholders as a must
- Establish procedures and deliver quality standards for the team
- Develops and oversees development of policy manuals and other documentation
- May oversee work of Analysts on other specific tasks
- Gather requirements for business processes, and determine ways to optimize/improve
- Familiarity with JIRA and other Agile and traditional project management tools desirable
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- 3 years of experience driving and managing process improvement and change management
- 1-2 years of experience with project management including managing a team, gathering and prioritizing requirements, and managing to a schedule
- 5 years of experience with Federal Systems Engineering Life Cycles (SELC) and Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Four year degree or an additional three years of experience
- Experience implementing new policies and procedures in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at all levels. Skilled in developing collaborative relationships
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security Clearance
- Preferred Experience: Consulting in a Federal agency
- Comfortable driving through barriers to foster collaboration, critical thinking, problem solving, and resolution
- Knowledge of Agile and continuous integration practices strongly preferred
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!