Senior Data Architect
Blackstone Federal is seeking a Senior Data Architect with experience in enterprise resource management, and/or federal enterprise data solutions. The ideal candidate will have proven ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders and develop enterprise data models, data architecture, data governance and management strategies, and solutions roadmaps.
The Senior Data Architect shall quickly establish credibility and rapport with technical, business and executive level audiences to communicate technical direction, issues, and tradeoffs. Candidate is expected to be focused and an action-oriented self-starter, capable of working independently or in a team environment. An awareness and knowledge of emerging trends in data platform and database technologies, and its usage with the industry to apply in the establishment of new platform.
- Data model re-engineering application subject areas (Data Profiles, TRM)
- Develop ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ data models including Conceptual and Logical models
- Perform reverse engineering of existing database models as needed
- Perform Gap analysis and recommends roadmap for ‘To Be’ stage
- Assist in building and documenting architecture and roadmaps to improve data services (e.g. ETL, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Visualization)
- Collaborate with technology and business teams to champion robust, flexible and scalable data architecture
- Lead and support the migration of data and data systems from current on premise environments to new cloud-based environments
- Define standard metrics and measures while establishing data security, quality, load, transport, and performance models
- Define flexible tenancy structure that allow clients to scale easily from ground, hosted, private and public cloud models
- Perform build versus buy analysis on relevant solutions and technologies as necessary
- As part of enterprise architecture group, establish data security and governance policies for data at rest and while in motion
- Document, present and evangelize as necessary to establish data platform of the future
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to systems and database engineering and administration teams
- Expert level knowledge of data modeling, business analysis, ERwin, Oracle, MySQL
- Demonstrated ability to architect and model data services
- Experience working with Federal clients
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in the development and usage of data architectures and solutions
- Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into comprehensive data strategies and analytic solutions
- Experience with data governance
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IT experience including development of large-scale, complex data architectures
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security Clearance.
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!