Blackstone Federal is hiring a Data Governance Leader to drive data governance initiatives for our customer across a portfolio of projects. As a subject matter expert, this role will lead efforts for our customers to implement impactful solutions leading to making sound decisions. You will significantly impact how data is gathered, moved, integrated, secured, stored and managed across the enterprise.
- Lead development of data governance activities
- Own strategy, roadmap and execution of governing data
- Define and implement standards and metrics across all areas of data governance
- Establish core documentation, including functional specifications, use cases, data requirements, data flows, and data architecture
- Lead presentations to stakeholders, CCBs and oversight committees
- Help scale and facilitate data-driven decision making across a complex and diverse data ecosystem in a matrixed organization
- Lead data quality and compliance initiatives in collaboration with analysts, developers, DBAs, technical and business domain experts and stakeholders
- Identify and select best-of-class tools and processes and setup standard operating procedures
- Work in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer science, math or a technical field
- Over 7 years of experience working in Data centric technologies
- At least 3-5 years of experience in implementing Data Governance/Management initiatives, concepts, and tools
- Strong interest towards data compliance, governance and organization
- Expert at building and managing datasets, visualizing data, and creating digestible reports
- Able to react and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment where requirements may change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence your audience
- Exposure working with analytics programming languages such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, Java, R, and/or Python
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!