The UI/UX Designer has proven success across the design process, from initial concept meetings with clients to delivering an exceptional final product. This person is responsible for creating a wide range of compelling content that aligns with the overall strategic plan and engages with target audiences. The UI/UX Designer will work closely with other team members to develop content from conception to completion. This person should possess the ability to ideate and prototype quickly and be comfortable with pivoting when necessary. The Designer should be comfortable designing across a variety of media. This person should have a strong understanding of design best practices, be a passionate advocate for good design, and possess the ability to defend design decisions. The Designer will be highly client interfacing and should have excellent interpersonal and client focused skills.
- Manage multiple work products across multiple clients simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate creativity and excellent technical skills in all aspects of graphic design including concepts, typography, imagery, color and layouts
- Develop and design all phases of assigned projects from initial concept through final production including proofing, file preparation and distribution. Projects include, but are not limited to, advertisements, brochures, marketing collateral, proposal graphics, presentations, logos, newsletters, flyers, reports, invitations, website, and UI projects.
- Collaborate with federal practice engineers and federal clients to define and implement innovative solutions for direction, visuals, and experience of online products
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas for websites and other products.
- Work collaboratively with project team members to develop design concepts, providing advice and recommendations to ensure effective results.
- Provide proofing and quality control of all materials to ensure they are accurate and delivered on time.
- Interpret art-related requirements of government RFPs and serves as an art interface with the entire proposal team
- Coordinate with outside vendors for printing and product production and review vendor proofs.
- Collaborate with project team members to develop video and web series content and production.
- Produce high quality collateral across a variety of software products.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and a good eye for detail
- Be able to work independently and function effectively as a member of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 12 years of related design experience
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task on multiple projects
- Experience designing and developing a variety of content in both print and digital formats
- Basic coding knowledge (HTML, CSS)
- Self-starter, motivated, confident and has ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Reliable business judgment and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client focused skills— interacts well with all levels of staff and partners with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Results-oriented with high expectations for quality, accuracy, attention to detail and overall excellence.
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security clearance
- Strong UX/UI skills, including research
- Experience developing visualizations for data and complex processes
- Familiarity working within Atlassian products, WordPress, and SharePoint
- Experience developing and designing content for a government organization
- Photography and/or video experience a plus
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!