The Azure Architect will work to analyze, design, and architect cloud based solutions to address customer needs for infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), and software-as-a-service (SaaS). Additionally the Architect partners with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed technical solutions and strategy align with and support mission objectives.
This role will design, build, and support the long-term strategic roadmap for client IT infrastructure architecture which includes the development and ongoing development and migration to cloud based solutions and the continuous optimization of platform services.
- Design, build, configure, implement, deliver, and manage Cloud solutions/environments
- Develop technical architecture and design diagrams and descriptions
- Use development and scripting tools, language, process, methods, troubleshooting deployment concepts (including continuous integration) and Networking (including Virtual Networks/Virtual Private Cloud, Security Groups, Access Control Lists, CIDR addressing, etc)
- Support cloud computing services, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS concepts and articulate concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Work closely with IT Managers, systems and network engineers, software developers and architects, and third party vendors to deliver robust and scalable infrastructure solutions, improve existing infrastructure capabilities and review and provide recommendations on new technologies
- Lead the design and modeling of tactical architectures for the delivery, development, and support of projects
- Develop and maintain policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the organization
- Analyze existing systems, processes and architectures to make recommendations for improvement
- Experience in Microsoft Azure and other available cloud services, cloud architecture and components (e.g., compute, storage, backup, network, security, DR, DevOps and IT governance)
- Working knowledge of supporting IT infrastructure technologies and standards including software & hardware life cycle, system configuration policies, security, hardening, HA, DR etc.
- In depth knowledge on Microsoft core platform technologies based on windows server.
- 5+ years of experience in the architecting, implementation and maintaining Microsoft infrastructure technologies and 3+ years of experience focused on cloud environments and supporting infrastructure.
- 4 Year degree in Computer Sciences or an additional 3 years of equivalent experience
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security Clearance
- Ability to coach others technical resources on related cloud technologies
- Strong Presentation skills with an ability to communicate across technical and non-technical resources at all levels of the organization
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company.
- Microsoft Certifications
- Experience in Office 365 and supporting technologies
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!